Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Question for anti-vaxxers
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:09 pm
How and why does an anti-vaxxer become an evangelist?

I'm honestly confused by it.

The more people that vaccinate, the safer you are and the more easily you can rationalize not vaccinating.

Why are you trying to get everyone else on your side?

Isn't that counterproductive to what you want?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:10 pm
Because I care about other people.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:12 pm
Because we care for you. Maybe we should stop. But it's watching someone at the edge of the cliff who's holding a map that shows the road continues. Don't trust the map, we try to say... You crazy person, how can you know better than the map you respond...

Also, clarify whether this is covid or all childhood shots, although I think ppl are waking up to the fact that "sudden adult death syndrome" is the same as SIDS ie a fake diagnosis, because healthy people don't randomly die.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:13 pm
If someone is really sure about themselves and their ways, they wouldn't be fighting so hard to show that their way is the right way. When people behave like that, it shows that they're not sure of themselves.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:14 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
If someone is really sure about themselves and their ways, they wouldn't be fighting so hard to show that their way is the right way. When people behave like that, it shows that they're not sure of themselves.

No, I am fighting hard because I care about everyone else who is being swayed. I don't want anyone else to be harmed.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:16 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
No, I am fighting hard because I care about everyone else who is being swayed. I don't want anyone else to be harmed.

You worry about yourself and let everyone else make their own decisions. If this is what works for you, so be it. But everyone is entitled to do what works for them without being harassed by selfish people that think their way is the only way.
If you're really content with your decisions, it wouldn't matter to you what others do.
Unvaccinated kids are protected by the vaccinated kids.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:17 pm
Ok, so it's a misassessment of risk. You genuinely believe vaccines are riskier than the diseases they prevent.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:18 pm

I am screaming virtually from the rooftops and it's not bc I'm unsure, everyone is just choosing to be so DEAF.
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Some things in life you can prevent. There's no need to bring mageifa upon our communities by vaccinating the pregnant and the children (or anyone else for that matter). Wake up wake up

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:18 pm
smss wrote:
Ok, so it's a misassessment of risk. You genuinely believe vaccines are riskier than the diseases they prevent.

Again let's clarify that this thread is only re the covid vax

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:20 pm
It's so interesting to me because when I went through my anti-vax phase, I still tried to prevent my child from catching these diseases. I kept them home until age 2, I breastfed until age 2, and I knew that because so many people do vaccinate, many of the vaccine-preventable diseases are not so prevalent these days in the US.

But like, I'd never have thought actually catching polio was less risky to my child than the polio vaccine.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

Oh, I thought it's about vaccines in general, not covid vaccines! If so, I take back my posts.
Anti covid vaccine is not anti vaxxers.

smss

Nope, talking about vaccines in general

amother
Turquoise

smss wrote:
How and why does an anti-vaxxer become an evangelist?

I'm honestly confused by it.

The more people that vaccinate, the safer you are and the more easily you can rationalize not vaccinating.

Why are you trying to get everyone else on your side?

Isn't that counterproductive to what you want?

The bolded is an interesting question considering that its those who are pro-vaccine who are offering all sorts of incentives to people who are hesitant about taking the vaccine (new gun anyone?). If you are so sure it works then why do you need to bribe people to take it? And if you are so sure it works then what do you care if others refuse it, you should be protected regardless of what anyone else does. But the fact that vaccinated people wont even take their masks off (which is already allowed) shows that they dont really believe that the vaccine works so why push everyone else to take something that doesnt work?

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
The bolded is an interesting question considering that its those who are pro-vaccine who are offering all sorts of incentives to people who are hesitant about taking the vaccine (new gun anyone?). If you are so sure it works then why do you need to bribe people to take it? And if you are so sure it works then what do you care if others refuse it, you should be protected regardless of what anyone else does. But the fact that vaccinated people wont even take their masks off (which is already allowed) shows that they dont really believe that the vaccine works so why push everyone else to take something that doesnt work?

The scientific answer is herd immunity.

I personally think someone who believes in Hashem does not need to worry about what other people do as long as they do proper hishtadlus themselves.

I still respond to anti-vaxxers (though it's getting tiring and I might stop soon) because accuracy matters to me and I don't like baseless conspiracy theories.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:25 pm
You worry about yourself and let everyone else make their own decisions. If this is what works for you, so be it. But everyone is entitled to do what works for them without being harassed by selfish people that think their way is the only way.
If you're really content with your decisions, it wouldn't matter to you what others do.
Unvaccinated kids are protected by the vaccinated kids.

AGAIN, I CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:27 pm
smss wrote:
The scientific answer is herd immunity.

I personally think someone who believes in Hashem does not need to worry about what other people do as long as they do proper hishtadlus themselves.

I still respond to anti-vaxxers (though it's getting tiring and I might stop soon) because accuracy matters to me and I don't like baseless conspiracy theories.

Herd immunity can and has been achieved in other ways. There are communities that havent been masking or social distancing and there is no covid there so not sure why the vaccine is presented as the miracle drug that will provide herd immunity when its already been achieve through other means.

And why wont vaccinated people take their masks off if they truly believe that the vaccine works?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:29 pm
AGAIN, I CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

That's very nice of you. But this isn't the place to show your care because YOUR WAY ISN'T THE ONLY WAY!! Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions and do what they feel is best for them.
Caring about others doesn't come in here. All you care about is proving that your way is the only way. The attitude that comes along with being anti vaxx is astonishing. The behavior I see from anti vaxx mother's literally leaves me scratching my head. If they care about others they wouldn't behave like that.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:29 pm
I am screaming virtually from the rooftops and it's not bc I'm unsure, everyone is just choosing to be so DEAF.
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Some things in life you can prevent. There's no need to bring mageifa upon our communities by vaccinating the pregnant and the children (or anyone else for that matter). Wake up wake up

This is fair. If you believe that the vaccine is truly dangerous - I applaud you for warning people.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:30 pm
That's very nice of you. But this isn't the place to show your care because YOUR WAY ISN'T THE ONLY WAY!! Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions and do what they feel is best for them.
Caring about others doesn't come in here. All you care about is proving that your way is the only way. The attitude that comes along with being anti vaxx is astonishing. The behavior I see from anti vaxx mother's literally leaves me scratching my head. If they care about others they wouldn't behave like that.

The argument is that people who are vaccinating aren't aware they are taking a dangerous shot - if they did, why on earth would they do this.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Herd immunity can and has been achieved in other ways.

Sure, through mass disease and death.
I just don't think that's preferable.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics