Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Question for anti-vaxxers
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:35 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
But if we (I live in NY) have herd immunity, then why the need for a yearly or twice yearly vaccine in addition? Diseases for which we have acquired herd immunity occasionally may require a booster, but certainly not so frequently. If it’s herd immunity, then no need for the yearly vaccine. If it’s not herd immunity, then why say it is?

We won't know until we see cases return and then it might be difficult to put the genie back in the bottle.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:39 pm
southernbubby wrote:
We won't know until we see cases return and then it might be difficult to put the genie back in the bottle.

It is also difficult to un-take a vaccine.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:43 pm
southernbubby wrote:

If “we won’t know until....” then why is it so hard for some people to understand why others are hesitant?
In general I delay vaxx and the only reason I don’t skip some entirely is because it’s not an option here. Religious exemption, even if it was available, doesn’t feel right to me because my concern is nothing to do with religion, and BH my kids don’t need medical exemptions.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
It is also difficult to un-take a vaccine.

So far I haven't seen any changes in my health that could be blamed on or credited to the vaccine. I also have no way of knowing if it's even protecting me against anything because I have had the virus.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:46 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
If “we won’t know until....” then why is it so hard for some people to understand why others are hesitant?
In general I delay vaxx and the only reason I don’t skip some entirely is because it’s not an option here. Religious exemption, even if it was available, doesn’t feel right to me because my concern is nothing to do with religion, and BH my kids don’t need medical exemptions.

Some people should wait but I think that people my age probably benefit from the Covid vaccine. I wouldn't be in a rush to give it to a child.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:35 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Some people should wait but I think that people my age probably benefit from the Covid vaccine. I wouldn't be in a rush to give it to a child.

What about other vaccines, like hep b or rotavirus or chicken pox? Why must my kids have those?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:22 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I wouldn't be in a rush to give it to a child.

I saw today that the Israeli health ministry said that their expert panel thinks there is a high probability of causality of the Pfizer vaccine causing myocarditis in specifically young men age group of 16-30.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I saw today that the Israeli health ministry said that their expert panel thinks there is a high probability of causality of the Pfizer vaccine causing myocarditis in specifically young men age group of 16-30.

I find it quite interesting that when we lay people question things like vaccine induced illness all types of things are said about us, but when the government says the same thing, all of a sudden it has validity....
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics