Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Age for Make-up and Eyebrow tweezing
Previous  1  2  3  4

Tefila

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 7:26 pm
Quote:
is rosh yeshiva said that (in his opinion, obviously) grooming the eyebrows in our times is considered basic grooming and is not limited to women
.Hmm could he get that in writing please, it sure sounds interesting .........

Then again nowadays nothing really suprises me anymore Confused

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2008, 7:47 pm
Funny you should say that fox. guys with thick unibrows never made it to date #2. Maybe that is shallow but it was a real turnoff for me.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 10:20 am
A man who doesn't see well definitely can do something about his eyebrows! it's halacha

Fox

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:19 pm
Motek wrote:
and so, has your DS done it?

He got a little eyebrow shaver device that some of the boys in his yeshiva recommended. I don't think most women would find it an acceptable solution, but he's fine with it.

At the risk of indulging in stereotypes in pursuit of humor, he does go to yeshiva in the Los Angeles area, so for all I know, the boys are being exfoliated and spray-tanned bein ha-zmanim! LOL

SuperMama

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:17 am
I think it depends on the kid. I saw a girl in the market who was probably age 11 and had a huge mustache - her parents need to take her to have it waxed. Some kids don't need their eyebrows eaxed until 12th grade, I started in 7th grade I think maybe earlier, maybe later and it didn't make me into gashmius at all. I didn't wear makeup until I was shiddich age while many other girls wore it first. Just waxing and shaving really really depends on the girl - there isnt an age where it starts or not. Just like a bra - girls wear them at different ages.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 1:31 am
Quote:
guys with thick unibrows never made it to date #2. Maybe that is shallow but it was a real turnoff for me.

Incidentaly that is what turned me on to my husband Twisted Evil

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 6:23 am
I had my daughter's eyebrows professionally done on her 14th b-day and at 16 her makeup done for her b-day(professionally done).

I felt that if we did it together,she wouldnt' have to go behind my back to do it,as so many girls do now.

I found that as girls get older and they aren't allowed to do their eyebrows or wear makeup they tend to go overboard when they are allowed.

I hope my friend who also is on this board to be one of the most confident,tznius,self confident girls I had ever met,so I would like to here from her and her mother what the rules were by them.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:00 pm
makeup---16

depending on how bad the brows/mustache are, if it was really bad, sooner rather then later. And if the child is conscious enough to complain, immediately.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 10 2008, 10:16 pm
I starting getting my eyebrows done when I was 13. I had bad acne so I wore heavy foundation when I was 14.

mom71

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:44 pm
what do you think? My daughter has very nice eyebrows (atleast I think so) but she is begging to wax or tweeze, because all her friends do. She is only 14, do I say yes, so that she dosen't feel different, even though I don't think it needs to be done especially at this age, or tell her to wait atleast another year?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children