Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
S/O Imamother meet up
Previous  1  2  3

Would you identify your username?
Yes  
 30%  [ 36 ]
No  
 69%  [ 81 ]
Total Votes : 117

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:46 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
If I did I’d stupidly mention my Hebrew name and not my username (never been to a meet up) so nah won’t risk it lol. I would love to see faces behind the usernames tho haha.

But you've given enough details that anyone can know who you are.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:49 am
I don’t do meetups but if you want a Brooklyn one do it within two weeks afterwards many go upstate

number

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:49 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
If you won't share your screen name, what's the purpose of meeting?
I mainly want to meet the popular posters. Not so much the quiet listeners on the forums.

The real question is, do the popular posters want to meet you? Maybe they only want to meet other popular posters.

(Please no one come after me, I’m not a “popular poster” by any measuring stick so this isn’t me being snobby. But if we’re calling some posters “popular” then let’s take this attitude to a logical conclusion)

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:51 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’m pretty sure that as in the rest of my life, some would love to meet me and some would not. Thankfully, I get to choose my friends and so do you. I’ve met a few folks from here over the years and it was a pleasure.

I met you!!

A long time ago. I was pregnant with my 5 year old at the time . You were lovely 😃

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:59 am
alwayssmiling wrote:
Yup. Since I learnt about blocking posters I e been wondering how many posters have blocked me already. And sometimes, when my posts arent liked I'm sure someone is pming everyone not to like my posts. Probably due to my insecurities and social pressure and anxiety but I wouldn't attend such a meetup

I hope I don’t hurt your ego but I’m saying this so you shouldn’t feel bad and not think no one is liking your posts because you’re not worthy-
Most people are on imamother just cuz they’re lazy to get up from the couch and stop scrolling instead of doing housework. They’re not thinking too deeply into whatever you posted- they read through mindlessly and comment where they think they can be helpful and skim through the rest. I doubt anyone is taking the energy to pm anyone about a post that wasn’t of interest to them.
Also don’t be busy counting likes- it’s really not healthy. Like who cares how many strangers on the internet agree with my opinion?

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:36 am
I would only share my username after going through my 2k+ posts and making sure there's nothing I'm embarrassed of. I don't care to share my opinions, it's the personal stuff that makes me nervous.

Cookin4days

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
But you've given enough details that anyone can know who you are.

Not such a necessary comment considering how she’s trying to be careful now

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:56 am
I wouldn't intentionally out my identity, having said that, I've met several imamothers in real life.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:57 am
Cookin4days wrote:
Not such a necessary comment considering how she’s trying to be careful now

I didn't realize that. Was just saying

dankbar

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:12 am
I don't get what's the point in meeting if you don't own up to your username

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:42 am
That was unnerving to read 😩
That’s why I said no. 😐
I’m gonna miss out all the fun, but it is what is. I’d honestly rather meet ppl who genuinely want to be a friend but with ima being so huge idk if it’s possible lol.
And I’m being more careful, I haven’t been online often lately, and if I am I hardly post under the screen name.
Same with fb. I deleted many posts in all the frum groups I’m in. I hate I put myself through such anxiety.
Who knows who could secretly know who you are in real life....it’s scary ☹️

sequoia

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:21 pm
It’s not “secretly.”

You used to post the same things, word for word, here on imamother and on FB groups like FGP. So yes, people know who you are, because you told them.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:30 pm
sequoia wrote:
It’s not “secretly.”

You used to post the same things, word for word, here on imamother and on FB groups like FGP. So yes, people know who you are, because you told them.

Okay back then I was stupid okay? Now I know better I don’t think it’s nice to call out people like that and it’s quite embarrassing and hurtful.
I already feel bad enough as it is. I don’t wanna derail the thread and I don’t post so much in groups anymore because of this and I deleted almost all my posts on Facebook here on ima it’s not so simple.
For now I am out. Enjoy your day!
Kol tov!!!!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:41 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Okay back then I was stupid okay? Now I know better I don’t think it’s nice to call out people like that and it’s quite embarrassing and hurtful.
I already feel bad enough as it is. I don’t wanna derail the thread and I don’t post so much in groups anymore because of this and I deleted almost all my posts on Facebook here on ima it’s not so simple.
For now I am out. Enjoy your day!
Kol tov!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I don’t know you IRL (we don’t live in same city) but your posts throughout the years were a total inspiration for me personally! So please don’t consume yourself with guilt and regret over something you can’t change anymore and just know that you inspired so many of us whom you don’t even know and will probably never meet! So a personal thank you from me!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:56 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I don’t know you IRL (we don’t live in same city) but your posts throughout the years were a total inspiration for me personally! So please don’t consume yourself with guilt and regret over something you can’t change anymore and just know that you inspired so many of us whom you don’t even know and will probably never meet! So a personal thank you from me!

Same! You are a real inspiration so don't let it eat you up!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:07 am
How about 2 separate meetups. One for the posters who voted yes, and one for the posters who voted no.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Most people are on imamother just cuz they’re lazy to get up from the couch and stop scrolling instead of doing housework. They’re not thinking too deeply into whatever you posted- they read through mindlessly and comment....

This is totally accurate about me lol.

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whoops! I removed the question. I wasn’t aware it’s not allowed.

Just wondering, why is it against the rules?
I was thinking that it would be a big compliment for any ima to hear why someone would want to meet her. I have a few imas in mind, and all for good reason, but I guess I can’t share?!

Whoever gets the most votes would be highly complimented--and whoever gets none would feel terrible. Maybe even the person who gets the second-most votes would feel terrible, too. Studies show that people who win second place in competitions are LESS satisfied than those who place third.

If you admire a particular ima or imas, feel free to PM each of them and tell her why. That would make her day without ruining anyone else's.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Wouldn't want to participate in a meet

Me neither, though I wouldn't mind meeting a select few one-on-one IRL.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics