Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Swiffer Wet Jet
1  2  Next

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 1:42 pm
So I HATE mopping floors and mine really need to be mopped embarrassed!

I have wood floors and a terrible kitchen floor (we're renting) that gets stuff caught in the grooves. I also hate that my mop never dries and that it's always funky and carrying the bucket around.

So, how do you like your swiffer wet jet?

Mommy F.

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 1:52 pm
I love the swiffer wet jet, it's easy, smells great and works on any kind of floors. It's amazing! The best household cleaner I have bought.

supermommy

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 2:01 pm
I love my swiffer but it does not clean the cracks and crevices (although a reg mop probably doesn't either) however I save my swiffer for when I don't have too much time or energy to mop and need to do it fast because the refills are pretty expensive if you really clean often.

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 2:54 pm
I love mine, too. You can get a special solution for wood floors, too.
You can take the one off and put the other one on, and it doesn't spill.

And it doesn't stink and leave the floor dripping wet!

GAMZu

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 3:40 pm
Thanks Mimi for starting this thread! LOL
Can someone tell what the batteries are for?

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 5:20 pm
The batteries are to spray the liquid in front of the pad that does the cleaning.

Fox

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 5:32 pm
Love it! And it's so easy and convenient that DH and the kids are even willing to mop with it.

Interesting trivia: Swiffer products have been tremendously successful around the world except in one European country where the women take a great deal of pride not just in the end result, but in the amount of time, effort, and difficulty undertaken to clean their homes. DH originally saw this in the WSJ and made me guess which country. After guessing Germany and virtually every Scandinavian country, I was completely surprised by the answer: Italy.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 6:02 pm
No prob. Gamzu - I'm interested as well. I think I may do it, I saw online at walmart that the starter set is $16 - if only one was near me.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 6:48 pm
su7kids wrote:
The batteries are to spray the liquid in front of the pad that does the cleaning.

And a mechanical spray ensemble wouldn't have worked?

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 7:24 pm
I like mine, but now that we have a house I've invested in a mop and pail. the swiffer is great for wood floors, pergo, tiles, etc. but don't bother using it on linoleum, it'll just spread the filth. I like the mop for a more thorough cleaning, but the swiffer is nice too.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 7:27 pm
I'm just really thinking about it b/c I can't stand the mop - it stays wet and filthy after one use!

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 23 2008, 7:58 pm
GAMZu wrote:
su7kids wrote:

And a mechanical spray ensemble wouldn't have worked?

It might have, but you and I are not the inventors!! LOL

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 4:17 pm
Ok, so I just went to Walmart and got it - we'll see how it goes!

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:48 pm
Don't forget to come back and tell us!!

I needed to go to Walmart today. I know I did. I just couldn't remember what I wanted to buy there! LOL

Esther23

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 7:13 pm
I find the swiffer wet jet cloth pads are really not absorbent. No one else thinks so? It's basically good for really light cleaning - dust and a few hairs, otherwise, the pads are not absorbent (they're a little plasticy) and don't really clean. Also, the refill fluid bottles are very expensive.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 7:24 pm
Okay back to tell everyone my findings.

1. MUCH easier than a bucket and mop, but I don't think it's the same deep clean, unless you spray and scrub a lot - but what are you expecting?
2. I'm going to use it (I bought a bunch of pads and fluid refills)
3. I agree with Esther, it's more for a light cleaning, but I figure if I do this every day, it's never going to be more than a light cleaning, it's not like I have people tracking in mud.
4. The fluid and stuff is not that expensive at walmart - maybe about $3 for the fluid and a bit more than $5 for 12 refills. But, I don't know how much fluid and refills I will go through. You don't have to use a new refill each time.
5. All in all, I think I got my money's worth - there's a starter kit at walmart that comes with the mop, 2 refills and a smaller bottle of fluid and I got a bunch of other refills.
6. Anything is better than not mopping which, embarrassingly, I just wasn't doing because it was such a pain and my mop never dried which was nasty - and I went through a few mops in the past year.
7. I look forward to using it more, my kitchen floor looks better than it has in a very long while and I just use a bit more fluid and scrub a bit more if there's a dried spill.
8. Oh, and the battery operated fluid is fun! Except that ds, found out about the button - hide from kids!

Enjoy and ask any other questions you have.

Esther23

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 6:10 pm
Your mop head doesn't screw off of the stick? After I mop I screw it off and wash and dry in the washing machine.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 7:37 pm
Hmmm, never checked! lol

MahPitom

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 8:01 pm
I love my swiffer. I figured out how to get those handi-wipes from Kirkland that are real cheap and use those instead of the expensive pads. Also, don’t tell my mother but I put plain water into the refill bottle and pow, a great solution for a quick ‘licking’.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Apr 01 2008, 7:07 am
I LOVE SWIFFERS!!

I had one til I moved away from the States. I totally want to get one my next visit there. I'll just bring an extra suitcase for it = refills ! Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics