Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Swiffer Wet Jet
Previous  1  2

Starhavah

Post Thu, Apr 10 2008, 9:53 pm
A quick and easy way to get the crevices in a kitchen floor. Keep a bottle of Lysol or other floor cleaner around and buy an OUTdoor broom (this is a wider broom with stiffer bristles). Sweep as usual with your indoor broom mop floor with Swiffer. Pour a small amount of Lysol directly on the floor. Scrub floor using the outdoor broom. Toss a dish towel or rag on the floor and move it around to pick up the Lysol rinse and wring it in the empty sink until the floor is totally rinsed and there is no my Lysol soap on the floor. Drying take about 10 minutes. If it takes longer you were not wringing the dish towel enough.

This sounds complicated but it is not. The Lysol part and rinsing takes an extra 15-20 minutes but the floor is sparkling clean afterwards.

Star Havah
PS I love the swiffer for everything touch ups, regular mopping, just not scrubbing.

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:27 pm
I usually have a cleaning lady once a week that washes my floors with a regular mop and bucket but in between, when something spills and leaves a dried up mess the Swiffer Wet Jet really does the job! It doesnt even feel like I'm washing the floor cuz there is no bending down or getting your hands wet.
I'm trying to convince my husband to get one for his office now cuz noone washes the floors there and it can get pretty dirty, I guess the next time I'm in Walmart I'll pick one up.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:38 pm
I bought one right before pesach, and I liked it initially... until I realized their solution gives me headaches. We only use natural cleaning agents, so this is not something my body is used to, and reacted to it.

I tried to refill the bottle with water/natural solution, but there is no way. They made it very clever, so you should only keep buying their refills.

So what I do... I walk around with 2 spray bottles- detergent and water. Spray a little from each bottle in one area and mop. Very Happy
Makes it more complicated, but no headaches!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics