Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Tucker Carlson praising the Orthodox jews
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:43 pm
I don’t know how to link but just saw a clip of tucker Carlson praising the Orthodox Jews for going along with life and insisting in keeping traditions. He praised them for risking their lives for religion.

Everyone said the orthodox minyanim and schools opening were a chilul Hashem.

Do you think in the future looking back at history it will actually be viewed as a kiddush Hashem and not blindly following. Especially with emwhats coming out now that some regulations were worthless.

Java

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:52 pm
Ironic that he praised us for doing something that's anti Torah... Nowhere in shulchan aruch does it say that davening with a minyan is ye'hareg v'al yaavor

trixx

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:54 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Ironic that he praised us for doing something that's anti Torah... Nowhere in shulchan aruch does it say that davening with a minyan is ye'hareg v'al yaavor

Oh good freaking riddance.
Nowhere does it say that a minyan killed anyone either.

Java

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:55 pm
trixx wrote:
Oh good freaking riddance.
Nowhere does it say that a minyan killed anyone either.

The specific words that he used (or OP used) are "risking their lives for religion" so evidently he or OP thinks that it did

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:56 pm
cutestbaby wrote:

Within our community minyanim and schools were open long before the rest of society. We had weddings and simchos.
At that point our numbers were never higher. Only in the beginning when ppl didn’t know to stay home if they didn’t feel well and the elderly and at risk stayed home.

When I sent my kids to school or my dh went to minyan I didn’t feel their lives were at risk. I felt it was right.

(Our family did mask a lot more then others but otherwise resumed life a year ago)

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:02 pm
Sad how some women here on Imamother are so much more hateful to our own than some non Jews.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:04 pm
Plenty of orthodox schools and shuls where I live were open and complied with all the guidelines. No one had to risk illness to go to minyan or school because we all wore masks and kept distance. And BH there were very few cases that spread within these institutions because precautions were taken. And now that vaccines are available, things are improving even more as all of our teachers have been vaccinated, as well as more and more teens.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:07 pm
cutestbaby wrote:

Oh please.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:21 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Plenty of orthodox schools and shuls where I live were open and complied with all the guidelines. No one had to risk illness to go to minyan or school because we all wore masks and kept distance. And BH there were very few cases that spread within these institutions because precautions were taken. And now that vaccines are available, things are improving even more as all of our teachers have been vaccinated, as well as more and more teens.

Actually they're getting sick and dying now left and right but whatever. Hail the holy vaccine. A plague of our own doing if you give it to your kids

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:22 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Sad how some women here on Imamother are so much more hateful to our own than some non Jews.

Better to hate and not to kill than to not hate and kill.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:22 pm
Although we lived normally, we paid a price for it. A friend of mine recently passed away from the complications of Covid, about a month after falling ill. There were many such tragedies in the frum community.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Better to hate and not to kill than to not hate and kill.

Nobody killed anyone.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:24 pm

Whoa. somebody's triggered

amother
Ecru

Nobody killed anyone.

People knowingly endangered others, which lead to their deaths.

HonesttoGod

No. Looking back I don’t think that at all.
The people who write the history books will be the same people who hate us. As always. Eisav soneh es yaakov.

Tucker Carlson praising us isn’t the be all and end all.

amother
Khaki

cutestbaby wrote:

The virus has over 98% survival rate. That's hardly "ye'hareg v'al ya'avor" level. Most (all?) Frum schools in Brooklyn were open this year with no masking or social distancing. Most shuls have been back to normal since shavuos last year.

Java

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The virus has over 98% survival rate. That's hardly "ye'hareg v'al ya'avor" level. Most (all?) Frum schools in Brooklyn were open this year with no masking or social distancing. Most shuls have been back to normal since shavuos last year.

His words, not mine

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

What the? There is no survival rate that makes it okay to do something that with CERTAINTY will cause some people to die!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:28 pm
Um ya so fauci was just revealed (again) to have said regular masks don’t work...

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:30 pm
The average person knows hundreds of people. A virus like COVID spreads to everybody if not contained or controlled in some way. Being okay with a 99% survival rate means being okay with 1-5 people you know dying.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics