Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Are you pro-vax or anti-vax
  1  2  3  13  14  15  Next

Are you pro or anti the vaccine?
Pro  
 49%  [ 130 ]
anti  
 31%  [ 82 ]
neutral/ other  
 19%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 264

helpful

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:07 am
We keep having new threads about the covid vaccine (and ppl are constantly bashing those anti-vaxxers). I am wondering what percentage of imas here are actually pro the vaccine and how many are anti.

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:22 am
I think most honest people are neutral but may be okay or opposed to taking the vaccine for various risk calculations.

Nobody knows forsure anything and therefore it's hard to be pro or anti.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:34 am
helpful wrote:
We keep having new threads about the covid vaccine (and ppl are constantly bashing those anti-vaxxers). I am wondering what percentage of imas here are actually pro the vaccine and how many are anti.

The dominant worldview right now is that vaccination is the best tool we have to fight harmful contagious diseases.

That is what "pro-vaccination" means.

Frankly, most people don't think too deeply about this.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:36 am
Anti vaccine is a term used to dish anyone who expresses a concern with any of the vaccines thrown our way. Or even people who've had a bad experience with vaccines.
Pro vaccine is a term meant to box you in also, so that you won't entertain any questions regarding any vaxxines thrown your way and you will dismiss any concerns as "antivaccine".

fbc

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:43 am
I'm pro with caution I guess? I've gotten all my necessary vaccines, given all to our DC that she needed. With covid I just didn't wanna take it right away cuz it was too new, but once I waited to see what was gonna happen and did my own research, I went and got it.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:02 am
I'm neither pro or anti vac. I'm pro choice and believe people should retain autonomy over their choices about how they live their lives. More powerful govt is not ok with me.
Rabbis and rabbanim should stay out of the bedroom and govt should stay out of our bodies and shuls.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:03 am
At this point I would not take it or give it to my children. There is not enough honest data on it. There is too much information being suppressed and not reported. Statistically, majority of children recovered fine from covid, so I see no reason to inject my young children with a vaccine that we do not know enough about. I think people should have the choice to do what they want, and noone should be forced or coerced to taking it.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:53 am
I believe that vaccines help eradicate disease. That being said, one of my children was medically exempt due to a bad reaction. I don't view vaccines as perfectly innocuous and I do wonder why some of them are still being used. I don't want my grandchildren to receive Gardasil and I don't believe that children directly benefit from the Covid vaccine. I think that the Covid vaccines should be given to vulnerable adults around the world before a single child is jabbed.
I don't think that antivaxers have solutions for the masses.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:08 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
At this point I would not take it or give it to my children. There is not enough honest data on it. There is too much information being suppressed and not reported. Statistically, majority of children recovered fine from covid, so I see no reason to inject my young children with a vaccine that we do not know enough about. I think people should have the choice to do what they want, and noone should be forced or coerced to taking it.

This so I voted anti. In a few years from now, my opinion might change depending on how things go.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:13 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I'm neither pro or anti vac. I'm pro choice and believe people should retain autonomy over their choices about how they live their lives. More powerful govt is not ok with me.
Rabbis and rabbanim should stay out of the bedroom and govt should stay out of our bodies and shuls.

Please tell me you're also pro choice when it comes to abortion then because the hypocrisy I'm seeing around this is really starting to get to me.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:14 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

Statistically, the covid-19 virus entering someone's body is a riskier thing than the vaccine entering their body... but one comes in a needle so it's sCaRy, and one is invisible so we fear it less.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:17 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Statistically, the covid-19 virus entering someone's body is a riskier thing than the vaccine entering their body... but one comes in a needle so it's sCaRy, and one is invisible so we fear it less.

Really? Even for children?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:19 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:

and the response to that is: we just don't have enough to have meaningful data - especially for the covid vaccines.

Some posters would say we don't have enough data about any vaccine unless we do a life long study (for each vaccine separately).

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:20 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Please tell me you're also pro choice when it comes to abortion then because the hypocrisy I'm seeing around this is really starting to get to me.

I think most Jews should be pro choice in terms of the govt making laws controlling this.
For a Jew Halacha should decide what they can do not the govt.

happy chick

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:21 pm
small bean wrote:
I think most honest people are neutral but may be okay or opposed to taking the vaccine for various risk calculations.

Nobody knows forsure anything and therefore it's hard to be pro or anti.

And I think just the opposite. Everyone has an opinion, either that it's gonna kill everyone or that it's gonna save the planet. Not too many ppl are wishy-washy about it. Covid in particular, not talking about vaccines in general.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:34 pm
It's such a nuanced question for many that I won't be able to answer straight pro or anti.
It's a risk assessment.
My husband and I both took it.
My teens I'm holding off.
They've all had anaphylactic reactions to foods so I'm nervous. And their risk of complications of Covid (while not none) is still significantly lower than mine (overweight over 35) and my husband (somewhat overweight, asthmatic, over 40).
And the numbers are very down where I live.
If chv the numbers go up, I'll reevaluate for them. In a year, 2, 3, I'll reevaluate for them.
So am I pro or anti?

small bean

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:38 pm
happy chick wrote:
And I think just the opposite. Everyone has an opinion, either that it's gonna kill everyone or that it's gonna save the planet. Not too many ppl are wishy-washy about it. Covid in particular, not talking about vaccines in general.

I don't think people think covid or covid vaccine will kill them. More which has potential to do more harm.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:39 pm
Pro vax
Very anti brand new vax

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:45 pm
I'm very pro vax in general. But very anti covid vax.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:45 pm
Pro vaxer here but critical thinker .. it's important to keep an open mind and assess risks and benefits.
Page 1 of 15   1  2  3  13  14  15  Next Recent Topics