Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Not Your Kiruv Project
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:58 am
Vent- Stop sending me candle lighting times! I know perfectly well and light my candles on time!
I do not need Kiruv, I'm a dati lady, my children are in yeshivot, just because I'm MO doesn't mean I'm ignorant about Halacha or need Kiruv! Vent over.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:00 am
Who is sending this info and how?

Bleemee

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:01 am
I don’t think it’s a matter of Kiruv. The times change every week and it’s a convenience to have someone send you the time instead of looking it up 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think people of all communities send to each other or post as WhatsApp status or whatever

Last edited by Bleemee on Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:01 am
Who is sending it to you?

People text me the zmanim and I appreciate it.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:05 am
Bleemee wrote:
I don’t think it’s a matter of Kiruv. The times change every week and it’s a convenience to have someone send you the time instead of looking it up 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think people of all communities send to each other or post as WhatsApp status or whatever

This. Two different people send me candlelighting times every week. And I'm Lakewood yeshishvish. I assume they send to all their contacts every week. There's no reason they would specifically send it to me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:56 am
Two people send this to me through WhatsApp, it feels condescending. But based on the answers here I feel better!

finprof

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 11:59 am
DH usually txts me the times on Friday afternoon before he comes home from work. It annoys me because I can look at the Calendar but it makes him happy so whatever. I'm sure even if they are sending to you specifically it is well meant.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:02 pm
LoL I get candle lighting times from friends and chats all-day. and I still forget the exact time until about a half hour before. I guess I could be considered charedi by some. No one is trying to mekarev me that's for sure.

simba

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Two people send this to me through WhatsApp, it feels condescending. But based on the answers here I feel better!

The fallout of free messaging is verbal diarrhea.

I'm more religious then the Pope and people send it my way. Dont take it personally.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:04 pm
In fact the one I appreciate the most js the person that sends it to me closer to the zman. I wish I lived somewhere that had a shabbat alarm.

iyar

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:07 pm
Same. I get candle lighting times. Nobody thinks I'd skip candle lighting if they didn't send. I see it more as a friendly reminder than an attempt at kiruv.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:10 pm
Yeshivish and I get candle ligting times plenty.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:12 pm
Dont forget it’s also important for hefsek
I like that I get a reminder
I like that I get a magnet
And still I have to look it up again because I cant remember
Was it 7:45 or 7:55

Zehava

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Some people just do this as a public service. You got a little weeny chip on your shoulder. It’s not like the offered you candles!

cnc

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:50 pm
I get it every week and rely on it .

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 12:58 pm
Zehava wrote:
Some people just do this as a public service. You got a little weeny chip on your shoulder. It’s not like the offered you candles!

Maybe I did, you ladies helped me see everything in a different light, I appreciate it

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:19 pm
I think ppl due it to keeps connection and excuse to wish good Shabbos.
Nothing to do with Kirby.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe I did, you ladies helped me see everything in a different light, I appreciate it

👍

Shabbat shalom!

Let me know if you want to be on my tznius, emunah, or lashon hara broadcasts... LOL

crust

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:25 pm
simba wrote:
The fallout of free messaging is verbal diarrhea.

I'm more religious then the Pope and people send it my way. Dont take it personally.

The Pope? The Pope?!

The Pope?!

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 1:27 pm
Huh? Kiruv??

I appreciate those texts very very much! Its a great reminder to get off my phone and start moving cuz shabbos is coming!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics