Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Family who are anti vax
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:20 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I am confused why you are so concerned if you are vaccinated. If you had the vaccine, your risk of catching covid is supposedly very low. If you trust the vaccine you shouldn't be so concerned.

Agreed. Quarantine rules where I am are no different for those vaccinated or not and that’s what I can’t face.

Sorry my messages aren’t so clear because I’m not clear myself on the matter. I think I’m just upset.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Agreed. Quarantine rules where I am are no different for those vaccinated or not and that’s what I can’t face.

Sorry my messages aren’t so clear because I’m not clear myself on the matter. I think I’m just upset.

Sounds like you are more upset about the quarantine laws than covid. Do you really expect people to take a vaccine that they aren't comfortable with due to no long term studies so that you shouldn't have to quarantine?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:23 am
I live a pre-pandemic life but that's not necessarily what health officials suggest because I may be more dangerous to non vaccinated people than they are to me. Vaccinated people may mistake Covid for something far less sinister and kiss the baby. Covid can make babies sick in early infancy.

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:23 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I am confused why you are so concerned if you are vaccinated. If you had the vaccine, your risk of catching covid is supposedly very low. If you trust the vaccine you shouldn't be so concerned.

Exactly.
If you trust the vaccine then your being vaccinated protect you and whatever others do is not your problem.
Do you go to a grocery store where masks are no longer required? Or only required for those that haven't vaccinated? Are they asking for proof? If not, how do you know that you're not amongst people that aren't vaccinated.
I think your perspective is not fair to them. You did what you feel is right for you and your family. They are doing what they feel is right for them and their family. You need to respect that and not judge them.
How would you feel if they said they didn't want to socialize with you because you had the vaccine and there is the possibility of the shedding issue?
Have your kids not been in school all this time? If they have, they've been socializing with non-vaccinated children that are coming from homes with non- vaccinated adults. How is this different?
Like with anything else in life, we need to live and let live and let people make the choices they feel are best for them without judging them.

Frumwithallergies

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:26 am
I am in a similar boat, although cases have dropped here considerably, thanks to vaccination.
However, in my case, my issues with my SIL run deeper than vaccination. I don't like my children being exposed to her shtick (no need to enter into details). We keep things outdoors, distanced and light. My older dc have been vaccinated, but my younger have not. We wear masks around her even though she and her family don't give a sh-t around her 80 year old mother, who had health issues and is waiting for her second dose. 'Nuf said.

Leahh

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That makes sense!
If you believe the vaccine works then you are protected and you are not a danger to the non-vaccinated. If you don't believe that then you don't believe the vaccine works so why did you take it?
The only people that are possible dangers to eachother are 2 non-vaccinated people.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for your perspective. No I can’t control them- and I’m not trying to, but just unsure how to be around them.

Yes I trust that the vaccine will prevent serious illness and death. But can I face 10 days of quarantine should we have been around them and then they test positive? No. Whilst cases here are low, and hopefully they will stay that way, there isn’t too much concern. But I am frustrated with them at their outlook and I think that’s making me want to stay away. Is it worth it? Probably not.

I think you know realistically what the risks are. I get that you're frustrated with them for not thinking and believing exactly like you think they should. We all do that.

Everyone gets to decide what their risk factors and comfort levels are. And they get to do that without even reading the same research as you.

If you think it's worth alienating yourself from them. Go for it. If you believe beyond a reasonable doubt that they are dangerous to your physical health and will most likely cause you inconvenience of quarantine at some point along the line. (I don't think it's a 10 day quarantine anymore here in the states)

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:27 am
I’m anti Corona vaccine. My dh is very pro all vaccines.
We live together like any other couple
You can do whatever you’re comfortable with!! I don’t think there’s a reason to worry, but if you don’t want to be around them, that’s okay

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:29 am
People who take medicine to suppress the immune system don't mount an immune response to the vaccine.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:34 am
We are only socializing indoors with adults who have been vaccinated at this point because we would very much prefer to avoid our kids getting COVID if possible. Our kids do spend time indoors with kids from unvaccinated homes at shul and school, but they're all well under age 10, so we hope that reduces the odds of transmission.

We made an exception for my parents who aren't vaccinated because that relationship is more important than friends and playdates. Also, my parents are SD and masking, so their own exposure to COVID is not very high. I worry much more about the consequences of our kids infecting them than vice versa.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:40 am
I have family that is vaccinated but most of us aren’t. We all get together with no social distancing. Young with the old. The ones who aren’t vaccinated all have had corona. The ones who are never had. We have been together long before vax and continue to be now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:52 am
Thank you all for your perspectives. Honestly very helpful. I wouldn’t ever try to convince them otherwise, not my business. Just frustrating to see them only look at one side of the argument. I looked at both, felt the conspiracy theories were just that and went ahead and got vaxxed.

Yes I am on immune suppression medication, no one is telling me how protected I am even after two vaccinations so there is slight reason to be concerned. Although I still think I am protected against serious illness.

I’m not in the US, so the rules for us here are probably quite different than for most of you. Masks are still required indoors everywhere. There are still restrictions on gatherings etc etc.

Thank you all again.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 5:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all for your perspectives. Honestly very helpful. I wouldn’t ever try to convince them otherwise, not my business. Just frustrating to see them only look at one side of the argument. I looked at both, felt the conspiracy theories were just that and went ahead and got vaxxed.

Yes I am on immune suppression medication, no one is telling me how protected I am even after two vaccinations so there is slight reason to be concerned. Although I still think I am protected against serious illness.

I’m not in the US, so the rules for us here are probably quite different than for most of you. Masks are still required indoors everywhere. There are still restrictions on gatherings etc etc.

Thank you all again.

How do you know this? Why can't you just make your choices and let others make theirs without making such a big deal about it?

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thank you all again.

People who are on these medications are having antibody levels checked rather than relying on chance.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I didn't realize there were places that required vaccinated individuals to quarantine. I agree with you that thus us a concern.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:09 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
How do you know this? Why can't you just make your choices and let others make theirs without making such a big deal about it?

Apologies. I didn’t realise asking a question is called making ‘such a big deal’.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:11 am
southernbubby wrote:
People who are on these medications are having antibody levels checked rather than relying on chance.

Maybe where you live. I know that I am taking immune suppressing medication. Not the strongest but yes it suppresses my immune system.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:12 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:

And I know this because when they once brought up the topic with me, I asked and they confirmed. I since will not enter conversation with them about it.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:13 am
I’m pretty sure we live in the same place, so hi 🙋🏻‍♀️!

I’m very pro vax, my sister is anti vax. It’s something I actively choose not to discuss with her because it serves no purpose and just gets both of us upset.

The quarantine laws and restrictions are really ridiculous at this point, but that’s thanks to our government and has nothing to do with my sister vaxing or not....

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:13 am
DrMom wrote:
I didn't realize there were places that required vaccinated individuals to quarantine. I agree with you that thus us a concern.

If anything rules like this would deter me from taking the vaccine even more. If the government thinks people still need to quarantine even after being vaccinated is it because they think the vaccine isn't effective enough? Why take a vaccine with no long term studies if you don't even know it will be effective?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics