Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Family who are anti vax
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I know this because when they once brought up the topic with me, I asked and they confirmed. I since will not enter conversation with them about it.

The covid vaccine shouldn't even be a discussion with family. Everyone should do their own thing and that's it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
I’m pretty sure we live in the same place, so hi 🙋🏻‍♀️!

I’m very pro vax, my sister is anti vax. It’s something I actively choose not to discuss with her because it serves no purpose and just gets both of us upset.

The quarantine laws and restrictions are really ridiculous at this point, but that’s thanks to our government and has nothing to do with my sister vaxing or not....

Lol hi and thanks! Do you still get together with her as normal now it’s allowed again?

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Apologies. I didn’t realise asking a question is called making ‘such a big deal’.

The fact that you started this thread about it is making a big deal about it. You do what you do, others do what they do and that's it.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:19 am
We are not socializing except with fully vaccinated people. We make an exception for the child of a sibling of mine because as a family they are as careful as we are. My kids are little so they haven’t yet been vaccinated and are still home with me not in school. I very rarely go to the grocery store, and when I do I wear a well-fitting N95 mask and am in and out in under 20 minutes. That’s a very different level of exposure than an extended visit. I’ll reevaluate our position once the vaccine is available to all ages.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:20 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
The fact that you started this thread about it is making a big deal about it. You do what you do, others do what they do and that's it.

She’s asking for advice on what she should do around these relatives. They can make their own choice, but that doesn’t mean she has to or should see them.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:20 am
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
We are not socializing except with fully vaccinated people. We make an exception for the child of a sibling of mine because as a family they are as careful as we are. My kids are little so they haven’t yet been vaccinated and are still home with me not in school. I very rarely go to the grocery store, and when I do I wear a well-fitting N95 mask and am in and out in under 20 minutes. That’s a very different level of exposure than an extended visit. I’ll reevaluate our position once the vaccine is available to all ages.

If you believe the vaccine is effective, why won't you socialize with non vaxxed people? The vaccine is protecting you from them.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:22 am
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
She’s asking for advice on what she should do around these relatives. They can make their own choice, but that doesn’t mean she has to or should see them.

Again, if one believes that the vaccine is effective, why wouldn't they be around people that did not take the vaccine? Isn't the point of the vaccine so we should be able to go out without worries of getting covid?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:23 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
If you believe the vaccine is effective, why won't you socialize with non vaxxed people? The vaccine is protecting you from them.

The vaccine is good but not perfect and I don’t want to risk getting a mild case that I transmit to my unvaccinated kids or my immunocompromised relatives for whom the vaccine probably isn’t as effective. Practically speaking, I have a nursing baby so it’s hard for me to go somewhere alone for longer periods of time.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all for your perspectives. Honestly very helpful. I wouldn’t ever try to convince them otherwise, not my business. Just frustrating to see them only look at one side of the argument. I looked at both, felt the conspiracy theories were just that and went ahead and got vaxxed.

Yes I am on immune suppression medication, no one is telling me how protected I am even after two vaccinations so there is slight reason to be concerned. Although I still think I am protected against serious illness.

I’m not in the US, so the rules for us here are probably quite different than for most of you. Masks are still required indoors everywhere. There are still restrictions on gatherings etc etc.

Thank you all again.
Perhaps you are the one who is only looking at one side of the argument. You are calling her side conspiracy theories- in other words, the side that I don't have to listen to because I think it's baloney. So now you are even.

Her side is that there is no science to show the long term affects of the vaccine because it hasn't been tested long term. How does science answer that in your opinion? Why do you rush to say her concerns are conspiracy theory is it's obvious fact that a vaccine that has existed for less than a year could not possibly have been tested in the long term?

taketwo

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:25 am
I totally sympathize OP. Most of my family are anti-covidvax. My kids are too young to get vaccinated so I am a little uncomfortable with them spending time with my relatives, but for me I feel like they (my family) had covid already so most likely have antibodies. Plus, the covid levels are so low right now so that lowers the risk even further. I weigh each situation as it comes up. I ask myself whether they had covid, how the levels are and how long we will be spending together. That being said, I don't have to worry about having to quarantine. That would make a big difference in my decision.

I also find it hard to mention anything to do with covid around them. They judge me for getting the shot. Mock me for all the precautions I've been taking. The judging goes both ways. It is a sad world right now, very divided.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:45 am
the world's best mom wrote:
Perhaps you are the one who is only looking at one side of the argument. You are calling her side conspiracy theories- in other words, the side that I don't have to listen to because I think it's baloney. So now you are even.

Her side is that there is no science to show the long term affects of the vaccine because it hasn't been tested long term. How does science answer that in your opinion? Why do you rush to say her concerns are conspiracy theory is it's obvious fact that a vaccine that has existed for less than a year could not possibly have been tested in the long term?

When they believe that I have become magnetic after taking the vaccine that is not looking at science and lack of data.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 9:56 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
If anything rules like this would deter me from taking the vaccine even more. If the government thinks people still need to quarantine even after being vaccinated is it because they think the vaccine isn't effective enough? Why take a vaccine with no long term studies if you don't even know it will be effective?

Because we’ve been slow over here with the vaccine roll out. A huge percentage of the population is not yet vaccinated and only a very small number got the second dose.
The plan is to remove the masks/quarantine laws once more of the population is vaccinated.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol hi and thanks! Do you still get together with her as normal now it’s allowed again?

Yup. I’m really not concerned anymore about covid anymore at this point, my family all had it and the cases are so few. I don’t know of anyone in the Jewish community who’s had it in the past couple of months.
Besides, my kids are all in school and no kids are vaccinated. My sisters family really makes no difference.

Unless you’re in Ontario, which I doubt because you mentioned things going back to normal and Ontario is still far far from normal.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:01 am
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:
Yup. I’m really not concerned anymore about covid anymore at this point, my family all had it and the cases are so few. I don’t know of anyone in the Jewish community who’s had it in the past couple of months.
Besides, my kids are all in school and no kids are vaccinated. My sisters family really makes no difference.

Unless you’re in Ontario, which I doubt because you mentioned things going back to normal and Ontario is still far far from normal.

Ah we aren’t in the same country! But good to hear your perspective thank you.

small bean

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:02 am
I have nothing to say to you except if I was your unvaccinated sibling, I wouldn't want to hang around you either.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ah we aren’t in the same country! But good to hear your perspective thank you.

Lol I didn’t even know there’s another country still strictly quarantining

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:20 am
How about just respect their decision and ask the same from them?
They are more worried about the vax and you are more worried about the virus.
Nowadays we are not supposed to judge people by anything accept their personal medical decisions.
So sad

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:27 am
Ironically the last time we got together it was a fully vaccinated aunt who was contagious at the get together and not those in vaxxed…So not sure why you would still get together with anyone if chance they can have it.

1/2 family vaxxed
1/2 family didn’t.
We aren’t.

Originally my parents weren’t going to come to us inside. Then cdc said family can get together. And my parents said if good enough for cdc good enough for them. Rest of my vaxxed family agreed and we are now able to spend wonderful times together again and enjoy each other company following cdc guidelines.

Quote:

If you are fully vaccinated and visiting healthy, but not yet vaccinated grandchildren and adult children living in a single household

Indoor visits without masks are okay and likely low-risk. Although spreading the virus is still possible, the risk of healthy and, particularly, young individuals developing severe COVID-19 is low.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When they believe that I have become magnetic after taking the vaccine that is not looking at science and lack of data.

Their reason for not vaxing is because they don't like magnets?

Or are they saying that lipid nanoparticles have never been injected into humans before but do have huge safety concerns for regular exposure and ingestion, so lets first learn about all the possible short and long term safety effects?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 10:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see. You are right that they are not looking at science then. But are you looking at science? Is there evidence that vaccinated people will remain unharmed in 3 years from now? There isn't. So I think you are both not looking at science. They are choosing to believe baloney and not trust the vaccine, while you are choosing to trust the untested and take the vaccine.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics