Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp agudah first timer help
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How is the food there? Do they give refreshments/ snacks between meals or just three meals? Trying to figure out how much food/snacks to send...

Thanks!

Good food. 3 meals a day. (Maybe one snack, can't remember.) The kids eat their own snacks and buy from the canteen.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:26 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Good food. 3 meals a day. (Maybe one snack, can't remember.) The kids eat their own snacks and buy from the canteen.

How much food is normal to send? I'm thinking of sending a box of cereal, a case of tradition soups,
a bunch of granola bars and around 30 snack bags. Makes sense? Any other ideas for filling healthyish snacks?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much food is normal to send? I'm thinking of sending a box of cereal, a case of tradition soups,
a bunch of granola bars and around 30 snack bags. Makes sense? Any other ideas for filling healthyish snacks?

Sounds good. Maybe natural dried fruit leather. And 1 junky snack like individually wrapped Twizzlers. Make sure to buy 2 cases of water from the camp (they arrange it - you can't send).

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 2:29 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Sounds good. Maybe natural dried fruit leather. And 1 junky snack like individually wrapped Twizzlers. Make sure to buy 2 cases of water from the camp (they arrange it - you can't send).

Thanks so much!! Any idea if they have water fountains there where the boys can fill up reusable water bottles?

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much!! Any idea if they have water fountains there where the boys can fill up reusable water bottles?

Not really. Can fill up from the sink and there’s an ice machine but most kids are pretty picky about it. I think you’re better off ordering the water bottles from camp.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:29 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Not really. Can fill up from the sink and there’s an ice machine but most kids are pretty picky about it. I think you’re better off ordering the water bottles from camp.

I'm definitely going to order the water bottles, but I can't imagine it will be enough with all the sports they play there

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm definitely going to order the water bottles, but I can't imagine it will be enough with all the sports they play there

The kids fill up at meal times and they sometimes offer ices and ice drinks. Usually the kids have some leftover bottles from 2 cases after 4 weeks. You can reorder if he runs out. And there are ice cold machines with cans and bottles.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:37 pm
Ok, thanks for the info, can you tell I'm an anxious mom who's worried about dehydration? Wink

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 3:45 pm
What's so great about tiros that they all wear them?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
What's so great about tiros that they all wear them?

They're sports pants which are good for camp. And the tiros brand is Adidas which is a "thing" with the boys.

momX4

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info, can you tell I'm an anxious mom who's worried about dehydration? Wink

The bunk houses all have AC. They definitely have a water cooler, my ds brings a reusable water bottle.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 4:33 pm
momX4 wrote:
The bunk houses all have AC. They definitely have a water cooler, my ds brings a reusable water bottle.

Oh wow, good to know! So they don't need clip on fans?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 5:11 pm
The AC is only on at night. So your son might want the clip on fan. The dining room, shul etch have AC also.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 5:36 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Also the rules say no camp chairs or lamps, do the boys bring anyways?

Does anyone know if this has been enforced this year? Don’t want my son to be the odd one out

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Does anyone know if this has been enforced this year? Don’t want my son to be the odd one out

The boys bring chairs and some bring lamps. Hasn’t really been enforced yet.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Jun 29 2021, 6:02 pm
My son is there. Says alot of boys have chairs and no issues. Seems like a lamp is ok also.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:15 am
[quote="amother [ Daylily ]"]We use amazing savings duffel bags. Pack quilts, towels... in them. We pack in the 3 drawer rubbermaid one drawer underwear, one tzitzis and undershirts... one can be pants or toiletries. But yes I pack in them and I use painters tape to tape around it so it doesn’t open while traveling.[/quote

Amazing Savings where I live is out of these.
What size duffle bag are you talking about? I will need to order one quick.
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:59 am
How many pieces of luggage is normal to bring?
A duffel + plastic drawers?
Or 2 duffels + plastic drawers?
Or other?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How many pieces of luggage is normal to bring?
A duffel + plastic drawers?
Or 2 duffels + plastic drawers?
Or other?

1 suitcase and 1 duffel
or 2 duffels (one holds blanket/pillows/larger items)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
We use amazing savings duffel bags. Pack quilts, towels... in them. We pack in the 3 drawer rubbermaid one drawer underwear, one tzitzis and undershirts... one can be pants or toiletries. But yes I pack in them and I use painters tape to tape around it so it doesn’t open while traveling.

Amazing Savings where I live is out of these.
What size duffle bag are you talking about? I will need to order one quick.
Thanks!

The Amazing Savings duffel is 36".
I saw rolling duffels at Closeout Connections this year, you can try them.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps