Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
A Doona literally is a stroller
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:27 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Actually yeah. Just because a company uses a slogan to draw you in, does not mean its true.

Naked Juice claimed to be healthy. They got sued for false advertising. Yes, they have no "added sugars", but the sugar content is super high anyways. Sure, they're healthy- but only if you are comparing it to, say, mountain dew.

I don't think the claim that it is not a stroller would hold up in court. You can claim it's not a good stroller, but that's not the same thing.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:27 pm
hodeez wrote:
YES! my Graco travel system is amazing!

Maybe I'll look into it. I also need to factor the price or availability to get it in Israel. I will last year's and years? And have good quality wheels that can handle travel and Israeli streets?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But they also explicitly call it a stroller on their site.
Quote:

Safer to use on stairs or escalators, at home, in your flat or at the tube station

Find me a statement from their site, besides the marketing tagline, where they explicitly say that it's to be used in place of a stroller.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Find me a statement from their site, besides the marketing tagline, where they explicitly say that it's to be used in place of a stroller.

They consider it a stroller, so they would never say it's to be used in place of a stroller. Same as any other product. Find me a statement where Alderfer's Poultry Farm claims their product is to be used in place of eggs.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:30 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Maybe I'll look into it. I also need to factor the price or availability to get it in Israel. I will last year's and years? And have good quality wheels that can handle travel and Israeli streets?

I don't have a car. I use my Graco for everything. I have bh 5 kids that I take everywhere with it, and load up the basket and top with groceries, and hang some from the handle as well. The steer is great, I don't find it heavy at all.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:32 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
And even if it's convenient. So people are paying $500 for basically a more convenient snap n go, and these are people who for the most part can't afford that. It's no wonder they use it for everything - who can afford a regular stroller after paying that price?

And I'm not so sure it's all that convenient either...it's too low for tall mothers and too heavy for short mothers.

Why does the price always factor in?
If it's more convenient, it's more convenient.
If you can't afford it don't buy it.
Why begrudge someone who could?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

LovesHashem

hodeez wrote:
My judgment is for the people who HAVE to get a bugaboo and doona because it's the 11th commandment for them. Not because it's safe or convenient or whatever, but because they need to spend money they don't have on a stroller just to be "with it". I guess this is a discussion for another time but the whole culture just irks me.

Everyone I know who got a bugaboo got one for the quality. Most people I know got theirs second hand.

amother
Green

amother [ OP ] wrote:
They consider it a stroller, so they would never say it's to be used in place of a stroller. Same as any other product. Find me a statement where Alderfer's Poultry Farm claims their product is to be used in place of eggs.

Nope, their messaging is carefully crafted to IMPLY that it's a stroller. I bet if a lawyer took them to court over it they could be sued, and I also bet they have a disclaimer buried somewhere (maybe in the packaging once you already bought the thing...) about not using it as a stroller or for extended periods of time.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:33 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Why does the price always factor in?
If it's more convenient, it's more convenient.
If you can't afford it don't buy it.
Why begrudge someone who could?

Because people are buying it who really can't, and it's sad to see.

amother
OP

amother [ Green ] wrote:
Nope, their messaging is carefully crafted to IMPLY that it's a stroller. I bet if a lawyer took them to court over it they could be sued, and I also bet they have a disclaimer buried somewhere (maybe in the packaging once you already bought the thing...) about not using it as a stroller or for extended periods of time.

Define "as a stroller." If you put a baby in it and push it, you are using it as a stroller. Maybe it's not meant to be an all day stroller, but that doesn't make it not a stroller.

clowny

amother [ Green ] wrote:
And? It's not a stroller. They made very sure to say that it's an alternative to a car seat ONLY.

And if I choose to navigate the streets without getting there by car, then I’m using it incorrectly?
Is it only allowed to be used if I needed it because I was earlier in a car?

LovesHashem

hodeez wrote:
I don't have a car. I use my Graco for everything. I have bh 5 kids that I take everywhere with it, and load up the basket and top with groceries, and hang some from the handle as well. The steer is great, I don't find it heavy at all.

Is the push as smooth as bugaboo and uppababy? The sidewalks here are terrible and made of bricks. Also lots of stairs and going up and down on busses. Etc.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Define "as a stroller." If you put a baby in it and push it, you are using it as a stroller. Maybe it's not meant to be an all day stroller, but that doesn't make it not a stroller.

That's what they would say in court, I bet: define "stroller".

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:36 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
That's what they would say.

It's literally the truth. A bad stroller is still a stroller. Even a dangerous stroller is still a stroller. If they get sued over it, it would be because it is a bad stroller or a dangerous stroller, not because it cannot be defined as a stroller.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:37 pm
People on this site are obsessed with hating on the doona. Specifically people who don’t have it. I have one, I found it to be worth every penny over the graco snap and go I had for the previous kids. All my friends and neighbors feel the same. But if u don’t want one or can’t justify the expense just don’t get one🤷‍♀️.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:40 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Because people are buying it who really can't, and it's sad to see.

They don't buy a baby car seat though.
So take off $200.
Is a carriage for $300 okay with you?
(That's how much a Maclaran costs too.)
Anything less than that is trash in a year.

I used my bugaboo for 5 years on average a few times daily. That would be around 25 cents per walk. Sometimes expensive things are worth the money.

People will always try keeping up with Jones'.
No reason to poke fun of a good item because some people can't afford it.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In their slogans but not really anywhere else (your post isnt showing them calling it a stroller btw)

If you actually look at the technical specs, its referred to as a "Rearward facing infant car seat"

Their entire FAQs page are about questions relating to a car seat, not a stroller.

keym

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:42 pm
I'm not for or against the Doona.
There are 4 things that prevented me from getting the Doona with my youngest.
1) how heavy it is
2) no basket. Literally nowhere to put a loaf of bread that I bought
3) I've seen a few tip over. BH without the baby, but a newborn is not very heavy.
4) the cost. And also the fact that carseats are supposed to be replaced every 5 years or so because it no longer is as secure
I understand spending a lot on a stroller that will be used for 15 years, but a carseat that will be replaced in 5?

If I was a huge traveler, on and off planes, I would buy one.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:43 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Is the push as smooth as bugaboo and uppababy? The sidewalks here are terrible and made of bricks. Also lots of stairs and going up and down on busses. Etc.

I have a graco and a bugaboo. I only use the graco for travel, the push is heavy and not smooth. I don't think it will be easy to use in Israel. It does not have good wheels for stairs. For stairs and bad sidewalks, you need a stroller with big tires. I tried out many different strollers before settling on a bugaboo, it has the best smoothest push by far.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:44 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I have a graco and a bugaboo. I only use the graco for travel, the push is heavy and not smooth. I don't think it will be easy to use in Israel. It does not have good wheels for stairs. For stairs and bad sidewalks, you need a stroller with big tires.

That's what I thought.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics