Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Husband wants to buy me eternity band
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:43 pm
And I’m so not the type! I don’t spend an extra dollar on myself...ever. We BH have the money for it, we both work super hard. It’s about $4,000, 25 pointer diamond all around
Is it crazy for me to accept such an expensive gift?
Should I take the half around? Which is cheaper

Lovable

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And I’m so not the type! I don’t spend an extra dollar on myself...ever. We BH have the money for it, we both work super hard. It’s about $4,000, 25 pointer diamond all around
Is it crazy for me to accept such an expensive gift?
Should I take the half around? Which is cheaper

Wow!! Lucky Woman!!! Please accept, he'll be so happy and this is a once in lifetime - for lifetime - investment:)
Enjoy!!!
The half around is def cheaper, and many choose it over the full simply for comfort sake. Or 3/4 around

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:48 pm
Or maybe see if he is ok going on a nice vacation with you instead if you would enjoy that more.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:49 pm
I accepted because I knew my husband really wanted to get it for me.
We found a stunning one, half around, for $1300. I would never get one with diamonds all around bec I have babies and change diapers and don’t want to scratch them w the diamonds.

Sometimes taking is a form of giving.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I accepted because I knew my husband really wanted to get it for me.
We found a stunning one, half around, for $1300. I would never get one with diamonds all around bec I have babies and change diapers and don’t want to scratch them w the diamonds.

Sometimes taking is a form of giving.

Right, that’s very true
I wonder if I should do half around

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:53 pm
The jeweler I went to said half round is more practical. Less likely to lose a diamond when pushing stroller or doing daily work.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
The jeweler I went to said half round is more practical. Less likely to lose a diamond when pushing stroller or doing daily work.

Whole way around usually isn't flattering to the finger imo. Plus, is not a comfortable fit, I'd prefer a smooth band btwn fingers,, not ridges of stones digging in.I'd recommend a half one.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:22 pm
You should definitely accept it graciously!!

This is something I struggled with at the the beginning of my marriage. I grew up in a very poor home and I had literally conditioned myself not to need or want ANYTHING, simply because my parents could not afford anything. I had some secondhand clothes but never anything extra.

It was very hard for me to accept gifts from my husband when I got married. I am mortified when I think how I reacted the first time he gave me a gift...I literally told him to return it. But slowly over time I learned to accept and appreciate and enjoy it without thinking about the price (and my husband is very careful to buy gifts within our budget). It is a sign of his love for me and is special.

Enjoy the ring and wear it in good health!!

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:41 pm
That's relatively inexpensive for such a ring. I looked into it that size diamonds and it was more like $10k

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:45 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
That's relatively inexpensive for such a ring. I looked into it that size diamonds and it was more like $10k

It’s straight from the diamond dealer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:47 pm
Should I go with bigger stones and only half way?

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Should I go with bigger stones and only half way?

That’s what I would do if I were you.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:50 pm
Yes!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:51 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
That’s what I would do if I were you.

Yeah me too. Enjoy!!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:54 pm
Can't recommend what ring to get but definitely accept it. And graciously

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s straight from the diamond dealer.

Do you mind sharing the clarity/color/cut?

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:56 pm
My dh once wanted and I didn’t let an he felt really bad. I just wanted CZ. But I don’t think it was worth it in end bec his feelings were hurt.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:00 pm
I would accept it graciously but figure out what specific type of ring would make you happiest to wear regularly. You don’t want it to just sit in a drawer, you want to wear it and love it! To that end, definitely try on the rings to make sure they’re comfortable (some people find the all around diamonds to be annoying on the finger and they’re not as sturdy).

raich

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:04 pm
I have an eternity band that goes all around. It felt uncomfortable at first but I got used to it quickly. Honestly I like it better that it goes all around, it's like "the real thing." When I see someone who has it only on the top half, a part of me says "oh, that's not a real eternity band!" (FYI my diamonds are not huge. The price wasn't anywhere near $4,000)

Cookin4days

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 6:07 pm
Accept !

Let him spoil you - if I may suggest, go with diamonds all around the band. It’s a nicer look in my opinion because it does turn on your finger and always changing it gets annoying. Also you get used to having it all around and you don’t hit it as much as you would think or scratch your babies
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics