Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So are most people wearing fakes?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 5:34 pm
Chanel flats, lv bags,Gucci shoes,moncler, ferragamo ect. I assumed most wore the real deal but after the other thread I got curious. What do you think /know?
This is purely for my curiosity

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:19 pm
You will find a very mixed bag here (no pun intended).

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:21 pm
Probably mostly fakes now that it so much more accessible to get good quality fakes.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:21 pm
I’m going to guess:
Gucci Shoes fake
moncler fake
LV real
Chanel real (I hope they’re mad comfy for the price!)
Ferragamo real

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:23 pm
If you have links to realistic looking fakes please post and I’ll add something to the “how imamother changed my life “ thread Wink

Although I don’t like wearing fake or real bec I don’t want my friends and neighbors to actually think I spent that kind of money

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:29 pm
Most in boro park scream fake. No offense to anyone but it’s pretty obvious to anyone who knows designer things
Half the problem is we know you didn’t buy a moncler coat for each one of your kids. If you would know how much they really cost, then you’d know that people know it’s way out of your budget.
I advise if your going fake, do something that would be more affordable in real. Like moose knuckle instead of moncler

simba

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:30 pm
Real.. people are really wearing $1000 flats. Yes.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:30 pm
Just so you know
It is a federal crime to buy or sell fakes.
Do not post links.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:32 pm
It's almost impossible to tell unless it is totally anomalous in terms of the rest of what she is wearing. If I see a shlumpy not pulled together woman with a $10,000 Birkin, I assume it is fake. Yes there are people who dress casually but generally they have a rich casual look - it's pretty ubiquitous in Los Angeles.

I know some incredibly wealthy women who have replicas - even Chanels. The highest quality replicas for Chanel are not cheap - they might be $700 or so for the classic Chanel quilted bag. They have excellent quality for a bit less. That is similar with Hermes as you can get Hermes bags which are hand stitched like the authentic - that is one way to tell authentic Hermes from even a replica because machine stitched - however good - doesn't look the same as hand stitched.

The Vuitton logo stuff is widely available. The highest quality will have Vachetta leather which gets a patina like the authentic bags. The Vuitton leather bags are similarly available - not cheap but gorgeous quality leather.

And there are also "quiet" brands which you wouldn't recognize as designer bags unless you were very into fashion like Chloe or Balenciaga as they don't have logos.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:33 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Most in boro park scream fake. No offense to anyone but it’s pretty obvious to anyone who knows designer things
Half the problem is we know you didn’t buy a moncler coat for each one of your kids. If you would know how much they really cost, then you’d know that people know it’s way out of your budget.
I advise if your going fake, do something that would be more affordable in real. Like moose knuckle instead of moncler

They are similar price ranges. Maybe $100-200 difference.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 7:36 pm
Amarante can you please teach me how to achieve the ubiquitous LA rich casual look? That’s my goal Smile

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:23 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
Amarante can you please teach me how to achieve the ubiquitous LA rich casual look? That’s my goal Smile

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:26 pm

Why are you so sure people aren’t buying real moncler for all their kids. ?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:56 pm

I'm also in LA (Hancock Park area - Pico is different) and this is what I've noticed, but Amarante, please let me know if it's the same look you see:

1. Be thin. Very, very thin.
2. Be blonde. Very, very blonde.
3. Either wear an oversized dress (very, very oversized) or a long black coat over some leggings.
4. Shoes are sandals or mules, with some obvious designer logo.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:56 pm
They are similar price ranges. Maybe $100-200 difference.

Then you have no clue.
I own a few moose knuckle jackets lighter and heavier. Paid less then a thousand each. Moncler, new, (not the sweater or light jeacket) is over two.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:59 pm
Then you have no clue.
I own a few moose knuckle jackets lighter and heavier. Paid less then a thousand each. Moncler, new, (not the sweater or light jeacket) is over two.

I just looked online Wink
Bloomingdales and Saks. I was looking at the kids’ coats.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 8:59 pm
By now I assume that most people that are wearing brand names, it's fake from Ali. It just doesn't make sense that the amount of people wearing those brand names can all afford the real stuff. You can find everything counterfeit on Ali, they're sold by hidden links.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:01 pm
And btw looks like you overpaid for your moncler coat. Most of them seem to be in the $1500 range. The only ones over 2 have fur.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I'm also in LA (Hancock Park area - Pico is different) and this is what I've noticed, but Amarante, please let me know if it's the same look you see:

1. Be thin. Very, very thin.
2. Be blonde. Very, very blonde.
3. Either wear an oversized dress (very, very oversized) or a long black coat over some leggings.
4. Shoes are sandals or mules, with some obvious designer logo.

Can't Believe It LOL LOL LOL

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:24 pm
When I was looking into getting a designer tote, I thought the LV Neverfull would be a classic I could wear for a decade. However, a few people told me that there are so many fakes out there that it just isn’t worth getting the real one as people will assume it is fake! Like Amarante said, I went with something different that isn’t widely copied because only those in the fashion know would recognize it anyway.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics