Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So are most people wearing fakes?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:27 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I'm also in LA (Hancock Park area - Pico is different) and this is what I've noticed, but Amarante, please let me know if it's the same look you see:

1. Be thin. Very, very thin.
2. Be blonde. Very, very blonde.
3. Either wear an oversized dress (very, very oversized) or a long black coat over some leggings.
4. Shoes are sandals or mules, with some obvious designer logo.

I live in LA too. Don’t agree, no. But I did laugh.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:43 am
https://alispecials.com/produc.....coat/

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Then you have no clue.
I own a few moose knuckle jackets lighter and heavier. Paid less then a thousand each. Moncler, new, (not the sweater or light jeacket) is over two.

My husband bought a Moncler coat for my son (that I will pass down to my next son) on sale in Woodbury for $600.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:27 am
I’m conflicted about the very, very thin. The reason is because I am in my mid-40s and very, very thin starts to look very, very bad. I don’t mind very, very blond. But I wouldn’t wear a coat over leggings - weird.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:31 am
The only thing I wear from that list is Gucci shoes and they’re real. I would never wear something fake. I’d rather wear real old navy. I don’t like fake ness or people pretending to be something they’re not.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:48 am
My Gucci and Chanel shoes are real; I don’t know anyone who wears fakes. I also find that it’s very obvious when a coat is fake (I wear a Canadian Goose). Bags, however, are a different story. I know a lot of people with really good fake LVs, Chanels, etc.

simcha2

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:02 am
Is anyone concerned about the halachic implications of fakes?

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Just so you know
It is a federal crime to buy or sell fakes.
Do not post links.

In the US
In Israel it’s totally legal
All the stores sell them
I bought Feragamos the one with the flower heels at Center1 and Chanel in Benei Brak

simcha2

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:10 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
In the US
All the stores sell them
I bought Feragamos the one with the flower heels at Center1 and Chanel in Benei Brak

It is not well enforced in Israel but is 100% illegal

https://thelawreviews.co.uk/ti.....srael

And what about the halachic implications?

https://outorah.org/p/20043/

https://www.yeshiva.co/ask/6161

DrMom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:18 am
I think most of this stuff is ugly (LV especially) even when genuine and I can't figure out why anybody would buy a knock-off, esp given the halachic and ethical implications.

mochamix18

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:28 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:

Anna Bey is best. Very blunt though so not for the easily offended snow flake type 😂

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:57 pm
FWIW it is not illegal to own or buy replicas in the US. It is illegal to sell though. In the US if you buy a replica bag you take a chance that it might be seized - but that is against the importer and nothing further would happen to you as the buyer. Also sometimes Customs will randomly open up a package from China and decided to do a tariff on it based on whatever amount they want.

It is illegal to OWN replicas in many of the EU countries. I don't know if it was scare stories but I had heard that people in Italy had their bags confiscated but I think this might be false since it would be almost impossible for a police person to determine if a good replica was fake.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
In the US
All the stores sell them

I've worked with trademark counsel in Israel, and to the best of my knowledge, that's untrue.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:17 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Is anyone concerned about the halachic implications of fakes?

Of course.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:59 pm
LOL LOL LOL LOL
I saw the title here and thought it was rings!
Lost mine a while back Crying so I wear fakes. And I was intrigued - maybe more people do than I think!
But I guess I need to start my own thread for that.

First Lady

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:29 pm
Even if fakes were legal in Israel, many of them fund terrorist organizations, the likes of Hezbollah. We should be the last ones buying knockoffs.
https://www.nytimes.com/2007/0......html

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
My husband bought a Moncler coat for my son (that I will pass down to my next son) on sale in Woodbury for $600.

I’m intrigued.
What age son is this for?
Did you buy it for the brand? Look? Or practicality?
Does he appreciate it, or you do?

Do $150-$200 coats last less?

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:03 pm
There are diffrences between a knockoff and counterfeit. I think many people by knockoff brands. I have no idea who purposely buys counterfeit.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:23 pm
small bean wrote:
There are diffrences between a knockoff and counterfeit. I think many people by knockoff brands. I have no idea who purposely buys counterfeit.

Many people do. If you don't realize that something is counterfeit/replica, it is because the best replicas are virtually indistinguishable from authentic when being worn. One needs to have a really good knowledge of the authentic AND a really good knowledge of manufacturing techniques.

I can't tell you how many woman were surprised when I told them the Vuitton "logo" is essentially just canvas impregnated with plastic. And that plastic logo material is manufactured in China and much of what is used in replica "logo" Vuitton is just the same materials sold to the a different manufacturer.

Some of the super high end quality like Hermes are still hand stitched so you would be able to tell the difference if you knew what hand stitching looked like and you were intrusive enough to grab someone's purse to closely examine it. LOL

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:31 pm
The stuff I see coming from China is both counterfeit and knockoff. Is that possible.

Like a purse is made from real cow leather (not plastic) and embellishments are real metal. And the can cost well over $100. So they are exact copies made from quality material.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics