Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
So are most people wearing fakes?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:35 pm
Amarante wrote:
Many people do. If you don't realize that something is counterfeit/replica, it is because the best replicas are virtually indistinguishable from authentic when being worn. One needs to have a really good knowledge of the authentic AND a really good knowledge of manufacturing techniques.

I can't tell you how many woman were surprised when I told them the Vuitton "logo" is essentially just canvas impregnated with plastic. And that plastic logo material is manufactured in China and much of what is used in replica "logo" Vuitton is just the same materials sold to the a different manufacturer.

Some of the super high end quality like Hermes are still hand stitched so you would be able to tell the difference if you knew what hand stitching looked like and you were intrusive enough to grab someone's purse to closely examine it. LOL

I've been in the market for years as a reseller in luxury brands. I've seen counterfeit and good counterfeit. I just don't know anyone that intentionally buys it. I would never sell it.

When people say fake, I assume they mean a knockoff brand

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:38 pm
Why am I so clueless after searching all over the place, about where theyre selling good fakes.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Why am I so clueless after searching all over the place, about where theyre selling good fakes.

On Instagram follow ali express ppl. Many times they put the links in their stories only

They call the items inspired.

https://www.instagram.com/alia.....hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alifavorites/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alispecials/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alip.....hl=en

Typically it’s a fake page. You order then msg seller a code and he sends you the fake.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
On Instagram follow ali express ppl. Many times they put the links in their stories only

They call the items inspired.

https://www.instagram.com/alia.....hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alifavorites/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alispecials/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/alip.....hl=en

Typically it’s a fake page. You order then msg seller a code and he sends you the fake.

Thanks! Any of these sell leather bags?

I dont need kids stuff.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:18 pm
I own a lot of designer items, none of it fake. People might assume they’re fake if they just judge me based off my whole look and didn’t know me- I rarely wear all designer and will mix $1300 shoes with a $30 dress from target.. I like what I like, sometimes it’s cheap sometimes it’s expensive. I definitely look shlumpy often I’m usually too lazy to look so put together. I have logo stuff but also items that no one would know were designer (unless you had a really good eye)

For example my DH has a nice Shabbos coat that has no logo or brand name on it, except a tiny name inside the coat. It looks like a nice Shabbos coat, but people would probably assume he spent $100 or maybe even $200 on it. Very few people would guess it cost close to 8k..

I don’t believe in buying fakes, besides that it’s illegal I don’t like helping people profit off of a design that isn’t theirs..

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I own a lot of designer items, none of it fake. People might assume they’re fake if they just judge me based off my whole look and didn’t know me- I rarely wear all designer and will mix $1300 shoes with a $30 dress from target.. I like what I like, sometimes it’s cheap sometimes it’s expensive. I definitely look shlumpy often I’m usually too lazy to look so put together. I have logo stuff but also items that no one would know were designer (unless you had a really good eye)

For example my DH has a nice Shabbos coat that has no logo or brand name on it, except a tiny name inside the coat. It looks like a nice Shabbos coat, but people would probably assume he spent $100 or maybe even $200 on it. Very few people would guess it cost close to 8k..

I don’t believe in buying fakes, besides that it’s illegal I don’t like helping people profit off of a design that isn’t theirs..

wow, I didn't even know they sell coats for 8k!!! live and learn!!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:22 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I'm also in LA (Hancock Park area - Pico is different) and this is what I've noticed, but Amarante, please let me know if it's the same look you see:

1. Be thin. Very, very thin.
2. Be blonde. Very, very blonde.
3. Either wear an oversized dress (very, very oversized) or a long black coat over some leggings.
4. Shoes are sandals or mules, with some obvious designer logo.

I live in Hancock Park too, and this made me laugh. We must know each other!

I'm not in the Very Very Thin Crowd, so most of my friends wear:

1) Designer shoes. The spiky valentinos are out, the fur mules are in. Dior heels are on their way out, but had their heyday. Louboutins are always a thing.
2) No tight clothing. White dresses are a must.
3) Long, long wigs, no matter how old you are. Lace top.
4) The jewelry uniform is a must. Eternity band? Check. Halo-ed diamond ring? Check. Diamond studs? Check. Diamond solitaire necklace or thereabouts? Check. Even if you're going to dig out a sewage drain.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:52 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
wow, I didn't even know they sell coats for 8k!!! live and learn!!

I got curious.

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p.....ion=1

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 1:59 am
Does this thread open the eyes of all the people judging people who "wear designer stuff"? Just curious

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:14 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
Does this thread open the eyes of all the people judging people who "wear designer stuff"? Just curious

So either they're wearing "fake" which is halachically very problematic or they are spending huge amounts which is not tzanua and לא תתארו.

And there is still the conformist issue.

What opinion should change?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:58 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:
So either they're wearing "fake" which is halachically very problematic or they are spending huge amounts which is not tzanua and לא תתארו.

Id only worry about others if Im perfect and I never did anything contrary to the Torah myself.

Thats the problem. People focus and scrutinize others as if theyre perfect in every way, which itself is a huge imperfection and not approved or excused by the Torah in any way.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:20 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:

Yes, it makes me realize how far people will go to look expensive....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:27 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Just so you know
It is a federal crime to buy or sell fakes.
Do not post links.

Most fakes are ways to launder money, and it's funneled to terrorist organizations.

https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:27 am
tigerwife wrote:
When I was looking into getting a designer tote, I thought the LV Neverfull would be a classic I could wear for a decade. However, a few people told me that there are so many fakes out there that it just isn’t worth getting the real one as people will assume it is fake! Like Amarante said, I went with something different that isn’t widely copied because only those in the fashion know would recognize it anyway.
mm like what? 😀

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:29 am
amother [ Midnight ] wrote:

And who decided that spending money is a problem?
And where exactly does Lo Sasuru come in?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:33 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I live in Hancock Park too, and this made me laugh. We must know each other!

I'm not in the Very Very Thin Crowd, so most of my friends wear:

1) Designer shoes. The spiky valentinos are out, the fur mules are in. Dior heels are on their way out, but had their heyday. Louboutins are always a thing.
2) No tight clothing. White dresses are a must.
3) Long, long wigs, no matter how old you are. Lace top.
4) The jewelry uniform is a must. Eternity band? Check. Halo-ed diamond ring? Check. Diamond studs? Check. Diamond solitaire necklace or thereabouts? Check. Even if you're going to dig out a sewage drain.

Haloed diamond rings are so not classy and I’d be surprised if people with decent sizes diamonds wear that style. Plain plain solitaire all the way.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:09 am
THOSE people are doing an Aveira.

THOSE people are too classy-conscious.

THOSE people are taking everyone's eyes out.

THOSE people are nebby.

THOSE people just dont listen.

THOSE people dont realize how wrong they are.

THOSE people ________________.

and the list goes on.

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:09 am
Crookshanks wrote:
And who decided that spending money is a problem?
And where exactly does Lo Sasuru come in?

No one said spending money is a problem. Spending money conspicuously is לא תתארו.

And counterfeits are a halachic problem.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:11 am
I wear the copy Gucci mules- simply because I love how they look - I have some from Ali and some pairs I got in Macy’s from a very basic designer- it’s the look not the Gucci brand that I gravitate to. I have one pair of loafers from a well known regular brand (150$) that ppl have to double check to see they’re not Gucci since they’re classic with horse bits.
coats I will definitely not buy fake. My coat was 1300 - I love it and it’s warm and it’s not moncler either. Getting a lot of use out of it. I will not buy a Lv or chanel handbag because ppl will get the wrong idea as everyone knows I’m not rich.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Thanks! Any of these sell leather bags?

I dont need kids stuff.

Lots of leather bags. Need to check daily. They cycle through the links. Hidden links are only in stories.

Like alifavorites today has mainly Gucci sunglasses followed by 2 bags.
Every day is something diff.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics