Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-vaxxers stop it. If you don’t want it don’t take it.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:55 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I’m not anti vaxx and I don’t send forwards or videos. I’m tired of it all. I also don’t want pro vaccine stuff either. I just don’t want to see or hear the word vaccine anymore whether it’s pro or anti.

This.

Everyone should do what’s good for them. I don’t need to hear your excuse pro or anti. I don’t want to watch your videos. They are ALL propaganda. Those pro as well as those against.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:56 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Proud anti covid vax here. You say you did "research", does that included stats of efficacy of ivermectin and Hcq or are those conspiracy theories bc the media banned them.
Ofc I don't wear a mask either.
Ofc I won't believe bought for and paid for science.
And yes I think that blindly following fauci and CDC means you're a sheep.

What makes you think people are doing that?

smss

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:56 am
Yeah I posted a little while ago how I don't understand why anti-vaxxers wouldn't want to keep as quiet as possible so they can benefit from everyone else getting vaccinated. The less people get vaccinated, the less of a justification a person has for not vaccinating. (In India I'm sure everyone would give anything for a vaccine....!)
It doesn't make sense 🤷‍♀️

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:57 am
I’m seeing more threads and posts telling anti vaxxers to shut up than actual threads by anti vaxxers.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:01 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
You are in a hospital. You wear hospital grade masks that fit, so I am sure they do work. Most people on the street are not wearing hospital grade PPE. They are wearing cloth masks or disposable masks which state on the boxes that they don't protect you against viruses.

Actually, I am not in an acute setting and I am not provided with an N-95. I wear a KN-95 both to work and the supermarket. I bought them online from Costco.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
Actually, I am not in an acute setting and I am not provided with an N-95. I wear a KN-95 both to work and the supermarket. I bought them online from Costco.

Kn95 is better than what most people are wearing. And they may be available now but they weren't last year in the height of the pandemic.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
That's not true. It can be achieved through giving it every year. But also, it's not likely that if everyone gets vaccinated it will be needed every year. It will be needed every year if herd immunity is not achieved because without herd immunity, it will have room to circulate and mutate.

I have to admit that I don’t really watch or listen to the news, but the only place I have heard about herd immunity with regard to this vaccine is here. Outside of this forum, I hear about it being similar to the flu shot, which is given to minimize the effects of the virus if you get it, not to provide immunity or herd immunity. Outside of this forum, I have not heard that getting the vaccine will protect you from getting the virus. The chicken pox vaccine for example, prevents most people from getting chicken pox because it provides herd immunity and therefore there is not really a place for the disease. It is my understanding that if herd immunity is required (or reached) then the vaccine wouldn’t need to be given every year or every 6 months. Are there any other vaccines which provide immunity but also require a yearly booster? I’m not aware of one.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:08 pm
OP, regardless of the topic, if your friends are constantly spamming you with things you do not want to get, tell them to please stop. If it continues, it's time to find new friends. Part of being a friend is respecting the other person's wishes and requests.

cuffs

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:11 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Proud anti covid vax here. You say you did "research", does that included stats of efficacy of ivermectin and Hcq or are those conspiracy theories bc the media banned them.

You clearly did not loose any family members from COVID.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:13 pm
cuffs wrote:
You clearly did not loose any family members from COVID.

I did. I’m still not getting the vaccine right now, nor am I giving it to my kids.

glitter555

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I’m seeing more threads and posts telling anti vaxxers to shut up than actual threads by anti vaxxers.

Where are you reading? This site is flooded with very vocal anti vaxxers. It's getting boring

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

You lose credibility as soon as you start calling people sheep or sheeple.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:15 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I have to admit that I don’t really watch or listen to the news, but the only place I have heard about herd immunity with regard to this vaccine is here. Outside of this forum, I hear about it being similar to the flu shot, which is given to minimize the effects of the virus if you get it, not to provide immunity or herd immunity. Outside of this forum, I have not heard that getting the vaccine will protect you from getting the virus. The chicken pox vaccine for example, prevents most people from getting chicken pox because it provides herd immunity and therefore there is not really a place for the disease. It is my understanding that if herd immunity is required (or reached) then the vaccine wouldn’t need to be given every year or every 6 months. Are there any other vaccines which provide immunity but also require a yearly booster? I’m not aware of one.

You really shouldn't trust the medical community or the mainstream media. They are trying to strike the exact balance between having people get the vaccine and not letting people get too excited about it. The "yearly booster" thing is pure speculation, and so far it seems very likely that it won't be necessary.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:22 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
You really shouldn't trust the medical community or the mainstream media. They are trying to strike the exact balance between having people get the vaccine and not letting people get too excited about it. The "yearly booster" thing is pure speculation, and so far it seems very likely that it won't be necessary.

I’m not sure if you are being serious or facetious with this line.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:27 pm
You are in a hospital. You wear hospital grade masks that fit, so I am sure they do work. Most people on the street are not wearing hospital grade PPE. They are wearing cloth masks or disposable masks which state on the boxes that they don't protect you against viruses.

Let me explain the packaging. This is what we in the legal field call CYA. Hey, it says the same on the condom wrappers. Imagine if the box didn't say that???

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:29 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Let me explain the packaging. This is what we in the legal field call CYA. Hey, it says the same on the condom wrappers. Imagine if the box didn't say that???

Isn’t it SYA- save your @$$

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:29 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m not sure if you are being serious or facetious with this line.

A little bit of both.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:35 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Then how do you explain Faucis emails in which he said the masks will be ineffective because the covid virus is too small and will go through the mask?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:38 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Isn’t it SYA- save your @$$

It's cover

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:39 pm
Then how do you explain Faucis emails in which he said the masks will be ineffective because the covid virus is too small and will go through the mask?

I'm not talking about Fauci, I'm talking about the packaging of the masks.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics