Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Three kids in one stroller
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:15 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I have the peg perego book 2. I currently can put 4 kids in it. I just slide the seat to a recline and the kids sit one in front holding onto belly bar with feet on footrest and the other in the back. When I have a newborn the newborn gets strapped into a seat on their own and sometimes if needed an older child can still sit on the front of that seat as the newborn feet don't reach till the end of the seat anyway. The kids are all happy and comfortable. The stroller pushes amazing.

It may not be "legal" but my kids love it and know to sit nicely.

Isn’t that too much weight?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:34 pm
Triple stroller. I had a triple in line, like three kinds in a row in front of me. And I had a triple jogger which is good for walks but doesn't go into a car or stores.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:46 pm
I had 3 under 3 until my big guy turned 3 a couple weeks ago. I used the baby carrier and the double when my baby was very small, then we upgraded to a buggy board with a rope thing that ties around his wrist and the stroller so he can't wander too far. Now he learned to stay on the board and if not to walk nicely

Teomima

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting thanks for all the ideas.
Carrying a baby would only work while they’re light weight.
The thing is I have to buy a single stroller anyway and I really don’t want to buy another stroller as well. Do these attachments/seats go to any stroller? Or only a specific one?

Baby wearing works for all ages, not just lightweight infants. When they get bigger you put them in a soft structure carrier on your back. Not uncomfortable at all with the right positioning.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Isn’t that too much weight?

Amazingly no. My kids are age 5,4,3, and almost 2. It's worked out fine so far.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Interesting thanks for all the ideas.
Carrying a baby would only work while they’re light weight.
The thing is I have to buy a single stroller anyway and I really don’t want to buy another stroller as well. Do these attachments/seats go to any stroller? Or only a specific one?

Are you pregnant now or planning to be?

emzod42

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:28 pm
I don't have it, but I think Joovy makes a caboose stroller that's a triple (the regular is double). There's an option to sit or stand for the oldest.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:11 pm
I had a Graco front and back one kid in the front , one kid in the back, and one kid on the foot rest in between the 2 seats.

It some how worked, you can try a double Jogger with a bar in front, Isee people sticking 3 kids in them-make show it has the bar.

Some wagons you can put newborns you just have to do your research on them

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:43 pm
https://zoestrollers.com/produ.....21026

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:06 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Amazingly no. My kids are age 5,4,3, and almost 2. It's worked out fine so far.

And their combined weight is under the weight limit of the seats and undercarriage basket?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
And their combined weight is under the weight limit of the seats and undercarriage basket?

They're only just starting to exceed the limit. But the 5 yr old isn't so interested in sitting in stroller anymore. So he will squeeze in when he's just too tired or hot. But it was totally fine when I had 3 and when the 4th was a newborn.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:10 pm
I use a double and baby carrier. The LO in the carrier is already 13 months average weight and it's no problem. Sometimes I'll put baby in one seat when I get tired of carrying and the 2 older ones will share a seat, one in front and one tucked behind holding on to his waist lol

laurenstav

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:22 pm
I used an Uppababy Vista, with the second seat and the skateboard. Often, I could wear the baby. (Invest in a good carrier like a Tula.)

My SIL also has 3 under 3. She has the Bugaboo Donkey (the side by side seats) and she would use one seat for the baby and the other seat set up as a bassinet and would let the older ones sit in it together like they're in a wagon.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out - my older kids LOVED the skateboard! Sometimes both of them wanted to stand on it at the same time, so on more than one occasion I was pushing a stroller with empty seats, two kids on the skateboard, and a baby in a carrier.

Last edited by laurenstav on Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:25 pm
I put 2 kids on one side of my double city mini. The baby has his own seat and the 5 yr old in front of 3 yr old on the other side... Not recommended from a safety standpoint, but we have never felt unsafe. And hey... It works

jerusalem90

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:31 pm
I've seen this "crib on wheels" contraption used by private daycares in Israel. They'd put about 5 babies in them then take them outside on walks. Google עגלול and look at pictures. I don't know what it would be called in English.

I wouldn't put a newborn in because the toddlers might trample him, but maybe when he got to be 4 months or so. Until then you could use a double stroller + carrier.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:39 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I put 2 kids on one side of my double city mini. The baby has his own seat and the 5 yr old in front of 3 yr old on the other side... Not recommended from a safety standpoint, but we have never felt unsafe. And hey... It works
I used to put my kids on the top bar of the frame of the city mini They fit well and secure holding onto push bar (with supervision facing parents). I had 4 at a time in it (max weight wasn't much more than 100 lb and the stroller never broke I had it for over 5 years.

imaima

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:08 am
By the time the baby is bigger, the oldest will be able to walk.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 1:46 am
imaima wrote:
By the time the baby is bigger, the oldest will be able to walk.

I have a 3.5 year old now. Even though she's able to walk, it is easier and more enjoyable for all of us if she can ride in the stroller at least part of the way.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:14 am
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
I have a 3.5 year old now. Even though she's able to walk, it is easier and more enjoyable for all of us if she can ride in the stroller at least part of the way.

But at that point the board on back is fine

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:39 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
I've seen this "crib on wheels" contraption used by private daycares in Israel. They'd put about 5 babies in them then take them outside on walks. Google עגלול and look at pictures. I don't know what it would be called in English.

I wouldn't put a newborn in because the toddlers might trample him, but maybe when he got to be 4 months or so. Until then you could use a double stroller + carrier.

In America they are called Stroller wagons some of them you can have toddlers and newborns at the same time(not many and you have to relay search).

Do you live in Lakewood? Mrs. Friedman on Carey st.(across from Rock Bottom-the house that looks like a yard sale)is selling a triple stroller for $10 not a bad price to try it out.

Joovy has a stroller that goes from a single to a triple, I have no idea how it pushes. I know someone who brought a Mt Buggy triple and is very happy with it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics