Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why are shaitel machers snobby??
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:58 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Please share, I'm in Lakewood. Thanx!

I don't know who naturalmom was going to recommend, but Malka yakubov in pine river is amazing and really nice!

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:08 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
My shaitel macher is a doll. And I’ve only once spent $2300 on a wig. The rest were always under $2000.

Mine were under $500

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:21 pm
Thank you so much for all your responses. It feels good to know I’m not the only one that feels this way! For those of you who mentioned that you know of some very nice ST’s, any recommendations for someone in Brooklyn?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
Quote:
I guess I'm always shocked when I plunk down over 5K (I'm due for another wig and I"m hearing 6k is now standard!) for something and I don't get like, I don't know, a birthday cake and someone on a microphone announcing my exit and hugs and kisses on my way out. At least.

Most of that 5k is going straight to the wig company. The SM only earns a fraction of that.

The instagram women I'm thinking of run to China, so they're making all that money themselves. And they wear humongous diamonds.

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:39 pm
It’s not only the sheitel Macner it’s widespread in the community. This is the attitude a lot of women. they are aggressive unkind and unfriendly unless you are their friend or in their circle. Or of course if you are of high status. If you are “lower” they are are very rude and unaccepting. This is why I’m so happy to put a mask on when I go out. I am considered on the bottom of the social ladder so I get it a lot.

bsy

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much for all your responses. It feels good to know I’m not the only one that feels this way! For those of you who mentioned that you know of some very nice ST’s, any recommendations for someone in Brooklyn?

Shifra miriam traube

OneSource

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:07 am
So I really loathe going into a sheital macher's home or studio. My husband's cousin is a BIG macher and she did my wigs when we got married. She's super snobby IRL but acts like molasses to her customers and then says things behind their backs. I think this traumatized me a bit. I worried endlessly how she really felt about my new look with the sheitals I got from her. For years, I was insecure everytime I put one on. Then I went elsewhere, in Brooklyn, had some pretty good experiences but that place closed down. Now I go to Malky Wigs, in Brooklyn. She's sweet, helpful and attentive. Ask for an appointment with just you there and she's great about that. I love the wig I got from her and am going back for another. For style, I get mine cut by a wig stylist out in Pennsylvania (who I met by total accident!) but she cuts and does a great job for $65, whereas stylists in Brooklyn are HUNDREDS more. I actually brought some of my older wigs to this PA lady and she recut and made some adjustments so I'm super happy getting more mileage out of them now. I think the key is to find someone who doesn't seem jaded about their job or into all the social media stuff.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:30 am
Didn’t read the whole thread but I use Chaya Heiligman in kensington and she’s the opposite of “snob!”

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:29 am
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Please share, I'm in Lakewood. Thanx!

Mati Flagler

Nechi Weiss

They shoukd be on the Lakewood list

Or you can pm for numbers

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:36 am
Also on your Lakewood list should be Liat Bendkowski.
She is amazingly talented and the nicest person you will ever meet. I consulted with her for a wig and she gave me all her time, patience, and honesty and didn't want to take a penny.

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:50 am
Lakewood: Nechama Garfinkel. Nicest person EVER

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Didn’t read the whole thread but I use Chaya Heiligman in kensington and she’s the opposite of “snob!”

I second that

and she wont like LH spoken in her place either

good person and great hands

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:53 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
I agree with you so much OP!!!
speaking of which... can anyone recommend someone nice who does a good job in Passaic?

Rivky (Weldler) Wolf

Penina Neumann

Dina Groll

Bleema Weissman (not sure if she's 1 s or 2)

Elana (Meth) Grunberg when she comes to town.

All different price points, all worked with me, even with my shaitels from a Gemach

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:05 am
cbsp wrote:
Rivky (Weldler) Wolf

Penina Neumann

Dina Groll

Bleema Weissman (not sure if she's 1 s or 2)

Elana (Meth) Grunberg when she comes to town.

All different price points, all worked with me, even with my shaitels from a Gemach

Thanks for this list. Kinda new in passaic. Who would you say is the lowest price point?

(Im also looking to buy a wig / second hand wig or gemach first time in over a decade. Anyone you recommend. I tried once in lakewood unsuccessfully. Been trying for a year. Finding it hard. )
Thanks.

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:37 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Thanks for this list. Kinda new in passaic. Who would you say is the lowest price point?

(Im also looking to buy a wig / second hand wig or gemach first time in over a decade. Anyone you recommend. I tried once in lakewood unsuccessfully. Been trying for a year. Finding it hard. )
Thanks.

Welcome!

Not sure about current prices, maybe Rivky Wolf might be the lowest price?

So funny, my Gemach shaitel was from Lakewood. I think Rivky Golombeck in Clifton had the shaitel Gemach a few years ago, I haven't heard if it's still active. Also, every so often Bleema has (hosts) a "MOPS" Sheitel Consignment Shop sale for pre-owned (and new but affordable) wigs...

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:56 am
wow there are so many good sheitel machers and so many who are nice! Like a shidduch Wink honestly I would keep going til I found someone I was comfortable with and liked. I would not want to feel like I am giving my business and money to someone who didn't treat me appropriately!
hatzlocha!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
I'm a woman with the money to buy the highest end wig they have. I don't do it often, about once every 5-7 years. Back in the day, I went to a wig store to buy. It wasn't in my city, and they didn't know me. It was worlds away from the experience I see on some instagram posts, where the woman is literally wisping all the strands into place and playing with the hair and clearly trying to make the woman beautiful.

I think these days you have to be an influencer for the top people to care about you and your service. I guess I'm always shocked when I plunk down over 5K (I'm due for another wig and I"m hearing 6k is now standard!) for something and I don't get like, I don't know, a birthday cake and someone on a microphone announcing my exit and hugs and kisses on my way out. At least.

Don't go to anyone on instagram, is my new motto. Go to people who rely on word of mouth.

I haven’t spent more than 2k on a wig in years. I have gorgeous long trendy wigs that I’m always getting compliments on and I also have a difficult color. And they last for at least 4-5 years.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:36 am
cbsp wrote:
Welcome!

Not sure about current prices, maybe Rivky Wolf might be the lowest price?

So funny, my Gemach shaitel was from Lakewood. I think Rivky Golombeck in Clifton had the shaitel Gemach a few years ago, I haven't heard if it's still active. Also, every so often Bleema has (hosts) a "MOPS" Sheitel Consignment Shop sale for pre-owned (and new but affordable) wigs...

Thanks.
I will look for info in Rivky wolf.

( didnt know about Rivky Golumbefk and gemach. Thanks. Will ask around. I did try MOPS- Unsuccessfully-I may drive to monsey.
Thanks again.

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:09 am
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
I second that

and she wont like LH spoken in her place either

good person and great hands

Could someone please post Chaya Heiligman's phone number. I can't find it online. Thanks. And thanks for the recommendation!

sarahph1

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:26 am
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Could someone please post Chaya Heiligman's phone number. I can't find it online. Thanks. And thanks for the recommendation!

number removed, bc this is a public forum and maybe she doesn't want her number on line. If you want, pm or create an email for exchange.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels