Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Another kitchen question
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:29 am
Another thing I should've asked originally. Are the cabinets painted or stained wood? Or polyurethane (not sure that's the right word)?

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:58 am
I have a galley kitchen
Although it’s narrow, think long hallway, with only a sliding door on one end and no windows
it’s light and airy
White cabinets high gloss, grey granite, backsplash the same as counter top
I love my kitchen

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kitchen is small and cramped. We are replacing the cabinets. On one hand, I think the cabinets should be a light color to make the room feel more spacious. But on the other hand, with bh a bunch of kids, I'm afraid that a light color will age very quickly.
Any advice?

It would be a good idea to research thermofoil cabinets from reliable stores like Ikea, Home depot, or Lowes. I have thermofoil white cabinets from Home Depot that are over 20 years old and the door/drawer fronts still look great. The inner fiberboard is not holding up as well but still functional. The down side is that thermofoil is usually used on lower quality cabinets but the upside is that they are inexpensive and easy to clean.

Before you buy, please research thermofoil with people you know who have it because frum families use and have different wear and tear on their kitchen then the average American family.

Here is more info:
"What Is a Thermofoil Cabinet? Thermofoil is a deceptive name as it has no metal content. Instead, it is a thin layer of vinyl that is vacuum-pressed onto cabinet doors and drawer fronts, which are typically constructed of medium-density fiberboard (MDF).

Moisture Resistance: Known for its superior moisture resistance, Thermofoil cabinets are perfect for both kitchen and bathroom use. However, they are not entirely waterproof, so be aware of damage to avoid water seeping into the core MDF and causing irreversible damage."

meme6

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kitchen is small and cramped. We are replacing the cabinets. On one hand, I think the cabinets should be a light color to make the room feel more spacious. But on the other hand, with bh a bunch of kids, I'm afraid that a light color will age very quickly.
Any advice?

High gloss white cabinets they are great u give the kids an activity to wash them everything wipes right off

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:06 pm
Thanks again for all the responses, I wasn't seriously considering white or a light color when I started the thread but now I am.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:16 am
My mother has a tiny kitchen that she redid a little over 20 years ago with white high gloss cabinets. She used a white tile for the backsplash and has dark countertops. She has a white tiles floor. Her kitchen still looks nice and modern because the cabinets still shine and she used high quality material for everything so it would last. Although in general I do like dark countertops I think that’s the only thing she should have not done. A light grey would give the room a more airy look but the truth is the white high gloss cabinets is the real secret for a tiny kitchen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen