Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Proud of myself

amother

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:39 pm
I'm writing as amother because it's loshon harah about myself and husband.
Here goes:
I'm very proud of myself.
My sister told me of someone who's husband used to have very little patience and the wife had a lot. The husband learnt from the wife and he is a lot more patient than he used to be. With me, it was the opposite, I had no patience (with the kids) and he had. Well, he learnt from me over the years and his patience has worn thin.
I'm proud of myself because I have been trying very hard to control my patience. I also mentioned the above reference to him and I think it's working. The other day, my husband was disciplining the kids for one thing or another and I was staying out of the way because they don't need 2 people on them at the same time. After a short while, he said to me that I have to get involved or he's going to lose his patience. It all ended happily, even for the kids.
A happy, calm home makes happy, calm children.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:48 pm
KOL HAKAVOD TO YOU!!!

AND GOOD FOR YOU FOR NOTICING AND PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK FOR IT.

tovasmom

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 3:52 pm
Good for You! Its Okay to play "Good Cop, Bad Cop" with dh with respect to the kids and Its nice to be the "good cop" once in a while.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:44 pm
it's a good thing to understand the other side for a change - as your husband now sees what you go throught ... and a better thing to learn control and patience ... good for you !!! Cheers Thumbs Up

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:40 pm
congrats to u!!!! patience is a great thing and its something that we must all learn to work on all the time

mumoo

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:51 pm
when my patience is tested (many times a day) I think of the mother who said, "I davened to Hashem that he give me patience and in His kindness He gave me hundreds of opportunities to practice it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics