Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Update. New ?. What’s the closest you can alternate Tylenol

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:29 pm
And Motrin?
Can it be done every 2 or every 3 hours?
Tia!

Update- new question:

How can I know if the pain relievers are not masking a fever? If temp on Tylenol/Motrin is 99.9-100.4 wouldn’t it be much higher without meds?

(I will call the doc if it gets worse or new symptoms but first want to hear from mommies if this can happen?)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:31 pm
Or is it more effective combining them- taking same time?

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:32 pm
I think it’s every three hrs

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:36 pm
Combining them is more effective, but it will wear off before you can safely take it again. Alternating allows you to take one before the other wears off and be covered all the time. Follow the instructions for each; I think Tylenol is every 6 hours or every 8 hours depending on the type, and Motrin is generally every 4 to 6 hours, but check your bottles. When one starts to wear off, you can take the other, and then hopefully by the time that wears off, it's already safe to take the other. This would add up to about one dose every three or four hours.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:47 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Combining them is more effective, but it will wear off before you can safely take it again. Alternating allows you to take one before the other wears off and be covered all the time. Follow the instructions for each; I think Tylenol is every 6 hours or every 8 hours depending on the type, and Motrin is generally every 4 to 6 hours, but check your bottles. When one starts to wear off, you can take the other, and then hopefully by the time that wears off, it's already safe to take the other. This would add up to about one dose every three or four hours.

Thanks
Trying to figure out a schedule- because I will lose track over shabbos of what needs to be given when. I can give oxicodone if needed so I can maybe do that between the Motrin/Tylenol. Scratching Head Help

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:53 pm
If anyone still sees this in the next 15 min and has an idea how I can keep track over shabbos or figure out a good schedule ahead of time- I’d be very grateful!

These are the meds that need to be alternated & the time last given (the other 6 are easier because it’s only once or twice a day and a set time)

Motrin: 3:15 pm can be given every 6 hrs

Oxicodone: 5 pm can be given every 4 hrs

Tylenol 7:10 pm can be given every 4 hours

Antibiotics: 5 pm ( I was an hour late on this) needs to be given every 6 hours

bsy

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:55 pm
Opposite. motrin 6 to 8 hours, tylenol 4 to 6. Motrin is stronger

cuffs

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:56 pm
Make sure you have the right dosage, go according to weight not age. It could be the medication is not being effective enough because you can give more

Optione

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:01 pm
Motrin- every 3:15 and 9:15 (am/pm)
Tylenol every 7:15 and 11:15 (am/pm)
Oxi- 1, 5, 9 (only if it can be safely taken with motrin- I don't know the answer) (am/pm)
Antibiotics- 5 (with oxi), 11:15 (with motrin) (am/pm)

now you can copy this down or print it out

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:01 pm
Alternate Motrin and Tylenol every three hours. Oxycodone on a four hour schedule. I would write it out all before Shabbos to keep things clear. In a pinch lay out plastic cutlery to represent numbers so you remember the last time you gave each - 3 fork for Tylenol at 3, 6 spoons for Motrin at 6, 4 knives for oxycodone at 4. Good luck and Refua sheleima.

Optione

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:04 pm
Optione wrote:
Motrin- every 3:15 and 9:15 (am/pm)
Tylenol every 7:15 and 11:15 (am/pm)
Oxi- 1, 5, 9 (only if it can be safely taken with motrin- I don't know the answer) (am/pm)
Antibiotics- 5 (with oxi), 11:15 (with motrin) (am/pm)

now you can copy this down or print it out

1. All of the hours for the meds are factors of 12. Since our clocks go by 12, it's always the same am/pm
2. Technically the Tylenol can also be taken at 3:15 but I've personally never given the 2 together

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:14 pm
Thanks so much options & scarlet!
You saved the day!
Optione- perfect schedule Smile
Gut shabbos

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:54 am
New question in op
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics