Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Who is a talmid of R Gissinger ztzl and paskens
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:16 pm
like he did, in regards to IUDs?
Having a hard time with staining after Mirena.

My husband doesn't know who to ask. Any recommendations.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:49 pm
I don't know tell you for sure if he paskens like him, but once when I had a shaila on mikva day and Rabbi Gissinger was out of town, he sent us to Rabbi Greenfield from Chestnut.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:07 pm
I don’t have his number but you can call rabbi abadi

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:14 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I don't know tell you for sure if he paskens like him, but once when I had a shaila on mikva day and Rabbi Gissinger was out of town, he sent us to Rabbi Greenfield from Chestnut.

Do you have his number

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you have his number

(732) 691-1656

But be aware that he is extremely busy. We used to use him as a rav but he was totally unreachable for days at a time and it was too much for me to handle so now we use someone else.

Reb micha kohn is supposed to be really good also. I don’t have his number tho

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:32 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I don’t have his number but you can call rabbi abadi

Does Rabbi Abadi pasken nidda shailos? I didn't know that.

oneofakind

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:49 pm
I think Rabbi Moshe Chaim Kahan from the shul on Williams street took over paskening. Sorry don't have number.

amother
Daphne

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:51 pm
I didn’t know Rabbi Gissinger but whenever I read these threads I mourn for everyone whose life he enhanced so much. I’m sorry for your loss.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:16 am
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I didn’t know Rabbi Gissinger but whenever I read these threads I mourn for everyone whose life he enhanced so much. I’m sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your kind words. We haven't really found a new rav yet, and it's really hard. For basic halacha it's not so hard to find someone to go to, but when it comes to more complex matters, there was something so special about having someone who knew us since we got married, and who really cared about us.

Something came up today that we need to get hadracha about, and my husband is having a very hard time with it, because he really doesn't have someone he feels comfortable going to.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 12:16 am
oneofakind wrote:
I think Rabbi Moshe Chaim Kahan from the shul on Williams street took over paskening. Sorry don't have number.

Op, I think this is true. I don't either have his number, but you should try to get it.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:05 am
I’ve gone to Bais Horaah on 4th and Madison and the Rabbis were very helpful

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 6:43 am
Thank you for your kind words. We haven't really found a new rav yet, and it's really hard. For basic halacha it's not so hard to find someone to go to, but when it comes to more complex matters, there was something so special about having someone who knew us since we got married, and who really cared about us.

Something came up today that we need to get hadracha about, and my husband is having a very hard time with it, because he really doesn't have someone he feels comfortable going to.

Same. He knew me since I was a baby. We miss him so much! Still haven’t really found anyone either...

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:13 am
You can call the Bais horaah and ask them who you can speak to about an IUD shaila. When I called I first prefaced that I had a nidda shaila to make sure it was okay to ask. It always was and they were very knowledgeable.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:03 am
Whenever I called random Rabbis, I was not happy- they didn't know or took too long to answer back simple questions. My dh and I decided never again.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:14 am

Us as well. I met Rabbi G about a week after we got married 15 years ago, and the few times I needed to go to someone else it seemed so odd to me. BH I don’t often have shailos, but the few times I did I called someone local. (We don’t live in Lakewood.)

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:17 am
oneofakind wrote:
Whenever I called random Rabbis, I was not happy- they didn't know or took too long to answer back simple questions. My dh and I decided never again.

It’s always good to have a personal relationship with a rav. It’s also good to have a backup to call if your rav is not available and it’s an urgent matter.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:17 am
Does Rabbi Abadi pasken nidda shailos? I didn't know that.

Honestly I don’t know. I’ve called him a couple of times, but now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t know if anything was nuda specific. I had a Mikva question and a “when should I go” question, but I don’t think I actually called him for my few shailos. I’m pretty sure my husband mentioned that he started paskening, but I could be wrong.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Same. He knew me since I was a baby. We miss him so much! Still haven’t really found anyone either...

Has ANYONE actually found someone else? I feel like he was so unique, he is irreplaceable.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 2:35 pm
oneofakind wrote:

Thanks so much for all the responses.

If anyone has Rabbi Kahan number it would be much appreciated.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:07 pm
House number is 732-363-0429 and they could direct you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries