Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Friday night Sheva Brachos

EPL

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:26 pm
I'm planning to make Friday night Sheva brachos for about 25 people. My family eats very light, so normally no 4 course meals for us, but since it's Sheva brachos, I want to make it very beautiful. Can anyone suggest a menu? Must I start with fish and then have a soup? It will be summertime, so I'm wondering if hot soup is something people will welcome, or should I make a cold strawberry soup? What about the main course?

sarahph1

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:32 pm
I think you should definitely make a hot soup that's a classic!

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:47 pm
Chicken soup is a fairly cheap and easy way of making an extra course for a crowd. Strawberry soup is a very expensive and more labour intensive course

Personally I have no objection to skipping soup during the summer. I don't know if I would really appreciate a sweet course in the middle of a meal. I prefer to save soup for dessert.

At the moment Shabbos comes in very late. When you have a crowd the meal always takes longer. Cutting out a soup course is an unobtrusive way to make the meal quicker and not have your guests falling asleep over dessert.

I would have a first course of challah, salatim and fish. Then go directly on to the main course of meat or chicken and side dishes, followed by dessert. With Divrei Torah and zmirot between each course it will make a beautiful evening.

EPL

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:02 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Chicken soup is a fairly cheap and easy way of making an extra course for a crowd. Strawberry soup is a very expensive and more labour intensive course

Personally I have no objection to skipping soup during the summer. I don't know if I would really appreciate a sweet course in the middle of a meal. I prefer to save soup for dessert.

At the moment Shabbos comes in very late. When you have a crowd the meal always takes longer. Cutting out a soup course is an unobtrusive way to make the meal quicker and not have your guests falling asleep over dessert.

I would have a first course of challah, salatim and fish. Then go directly on to the main course of meat or chicken and side dishes, followed by dessert. With Divrei Torah and zmirot between each course it will make a beautiful evening.

What type of salads would you serve for a first course with fish?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 7:06 pm
EPL wrote:
What type of salads would you serve for a first course with fish?

Table salads that can be made a day or two in advance. Colorful marinated salad. Cole slaw with slivered peppers. Cucumber dill salad. Maybe fried eggplant salad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus