Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Blended soups
1  2  Next

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:15 am
Anybody have recipes they’d love to share?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:21 am
I don't have any particular recipe but blended soups are very forgiving. Generally speaking it's good to start with sauteing onions and garlic as a base to add flavor, then add your desired vegetable(s), cover with water or broth, add salt and pepper and whatever spices you like, and then summer until the vegetables are cooked through. Blend and then taste and adjust seasoning.

Sweet Sour

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:22 am
Green soup aka broccoli/squash/leek/ pea soup - pick at least 3 and start.

Sautéed diced onions and/or leeks the more the merrier
Add salt to quicken the process
Dice or chunk 3-5 squash, 2/3 potatoes and a parsnip and 4 garlic bulbs/frozen cubes or better yet roasted garlic.
Add a cupful of frozen peas and 2 cups of frozen broccoli.
Blend well.

Serve with homemade croutons.

Comes out tasty, creamy and fancy looking.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:25 am
Sautee onion/garlic. Cube zucchini and potatoes. Sautee for abt 10 min. Fill pot 3/4 full. Cook and blend. If you like color, leave some zucchini unpeeled.
Sautee onion/garlic. Cube butternut squash. Proceed the same way but without potatoes.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:06 pm
Oh I’m getting hungry 😭
Thanks so much all! Looking to get some veggies in my sons diet lol. And mine too

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:24 pm
This one's my fave

Zucchini Soup

3 Tbsp oil
3 large onions, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
6-8 medium zucchini, with skin, cut into chunks
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 pinch dried basil
7 cups water
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Heat oil in 8 qt pot over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 5-7 minutes.
Add zucchini for 3-5 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer 25 minutes.
Add dried herbs. Blend soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jun 14 2021, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:51 pm
In instant pot, saute 1 chopped onion, 3 diced carrots, 4 stalks chopped celery in a bit of oil for 7 minutes. Add 4 cloves minced garlic (I use more) and some oregano and saute 1 minute. Add 8 cups vegetable broth and one bag dried white beans (the recipe calls for cannellini, but anything will work). Cook at high pressure for 45 to 50 minutes, natural release. Use stick blender, leaving a few beans/chunky veggies.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:57 pm
ra_mom wrote:
This one's my fave

Zucchini Soup

3 Tbsp oil
3 large onions, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
6-8 medium zucchini, with skin, cut into chunks
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 pinch dried basil
7 cups water
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Heat oil in 8 qt pot over med-high heat. Add onions and garlic and saute 5-7 minutes.
Add zucchini for 3-5 minutes. Then parsley, dill and basil for 3 minutes. Add broth or water. Bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer 25 minutes.
Add dried herbs. Blend soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I make this with fresh herbs. So so good. Got the recipe from someone a few months ago. We can't get enough of it!

clowny

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:02 pm
My favorite.

Cauliflower soup

1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 onion
3 cubes frozen garlic
2 tbsp onion soup mix
1/2 cup oil

Roast in oven for 1 hour.
Transfer to pot, add water and salt and let it cook. Blend and enjoy.

bbhem5

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:02 pm
My 'Orange Soup' is easy, forgiving, and tasty.
Peel and chunk 1 sweet potato, 1 onion, 1 white potato, and 2-3 carrots. I sometimes add butternut squash, garlic cloves, and/or peeled zucchini. Cover with water and cook until all veggies are tender. Blend. Add salt to taste. Can thin with more water if needed.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:48 pm
I made one of the recipes for tonight. Looks like I dont have a good blender. The soup didn’t come out right lol. I’m looking for that restaurant/wedding soup texture. You know what I mean? 🙈🙈
It came out goopy but it tasted better than it looked and felt. I added more water and salt and spices and blended again. Same consistency😫

I can’t remember how long I cooked the veggies in the water but it was a while.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:20 pm
When you use an immersion blender, you need to lift the blender about 1/2"-1" off the bottom of the pot (but keeping the blade fully submerged to make sure no [hot] liquid squirts up), so that all the soup to gets sucked under there and blends evenly. Blend, blend and blend some more, tilting the pot a bit if necessary. Keep blending until super silky and smooth.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:50 pm
This is a fantastic thread! Thank you! Can you put frozen bagged veggies straight in or do you have to defrost them first in oven?

meiravit

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:19 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I made one of the recipes for tonight. Looks like I dont have a good blender. The soup didn’t come out right lol. I’m looking for that restaurant/wedding soup texture. You know what I mean? 🙈🙈
It came out goopy but it tasted better than it looked and felt. I added more water and salt and spices and blended again. Same consistency😫

I can’t remember how long I cooked the veggies in the water but it was a while.

You might be looking for a split pea soup recipe. Is it the type that's creamy but has pieces of veggies in it?

aycg

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:22 am
I make a delicious vegetable bean soup. It has lots of beans and veggies cubed. I blend half the soup for my very picky eater and freeze so I know he has a full meal

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:23 am
ra_mom wrote:
When you use an immersion blender, you need to lift the blender about 1/2"-1" off the bottom of the pot (but keeping the blade fully submerged to make sure no [hot] liquid squirts up), so that all the soup to gets sucked under there and blends evenly. Blend, blend and blend some more, tilting the pot a bit if necessary. Keep blending until super silky and smooth.

Thanks! My pareve pot is like short not tall, so I think it’s doable just a little bit more trickier to blend everything in.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:25 am
shanarishona wrote:
This is a fantastic thread! Thank you! Can you put frozen bagged veggies straight in or do you have to defrost them first in oven?

I think that’s what I did wrong lol I put frozen veggies to a pot of hot onion and garlic and oil 🙈 oh well we live and learn

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:27 am
meiravit wrote:
You might be looking for a split pea soup recipe. Is it the type that's creamy but has pieces of veggies in it?

And other blended soup recipes too lol. My son won’t touch anything veggie no matter what but he’ll devour those blended soups made with veggies.
Ah toddlers.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:28 am
aycg wrote:
I make a delicious vegetable bean soup. It has lots of beans and veggies cubed. I blend half the soup for my very picky eater and freeze so I know he has a full meal

Sounds really delicious 😋

Janie Asne

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 5:15 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I think that’s what I did wrong lol I put frozen veggies to a pot of hot onion and garlic and oil 🙈 oh well we live and learn

I do this all the time it works for me. Tonight I did onion, lots of garlic, zucchini, celery, carrots and a bag of frozen cauliflower. It came out really yum 😋
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics