Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Blended soups
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:19 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I think that’s what I did wrong lol I put frozen veggies to a pot of hot onion and garlic and oil 🙈 oh well we live and learn

That works fine, I do that with peeled zucchini and a bag of cauliflower for a white creamy soup.

Teomima

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 8:10 am
My favorite blended soups are curried orange veggie soup, gazpacho (though I like it a little chunky), and the beet tomato bisque from Kosher Palette is wonderful. But an interesting one I make sometimes is carrot fennel soup. I found this recipe when we ended up with a bunch of fennel and none of us are terribly fond of the flavor but somehow in this recipe it turns into a wonderful buttery taste without much anise at all. It's just sauteed onions, fennel, and tons of carrots, cooked well and pureed till silky smooth.

SYA

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:18 am
In a 6 quart pot:
2 medium butternut squash
1 large carrot
1 medium onion
1 tbsp salt - adjust to your taste
Sprinkle of pepper to taste

Cook until soft, blend and then simmer with small bubbles for 1-2 hours

Ellie7

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:45 am
This is one of my faves: https://minimalistbaker.com/cu.....soup/

egam

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:07 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I made one of the recipes for tonight. Looks like I dont have a good blender. The soup didn’t come out right lol. I’m looking for that restaurant/wedding soup texture. You know what I mean? 🙈🙈
It came out goopy but it tasted better than it looked and felt. I added more water and salt and spices and blended again. Same consistency😫

I can’t remember how long I cooked the veggies in the water but it was a while.

No commercial kitchen (restaurant/wedding) uses immersion blender. They all use Vitamix and in high end restaurants they also strain it through a chinois. This give a soup very smooth texture.

If you use immersion blender, some veggies are easier to blend, like butternut squash, zucchini or split pea, some will still have lumps. Maybe try to strain you son’s portion though a thing strainer and see if it helps.

You can add your frozen veggies straight into the sautéed ones in the pot. No need to defrost them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics