Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where would you keep your makeup and do your makeup?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 7:44 am
A question for all you interior designers, or anyone who's good with these things Smile
The set-up:
Small master bedroom with a small bathroom. The counter in the bathroom is basically just a sink with a drop of space on the sides. And 2 large drawers.
The bedroom has beds, night tables and a dresser. Everything else is in the compact walk in closet.
A mirror could be put up anywhere.
Where would you keep your makeup. And where would you do your makeup?
Thanks for your help!

lfab

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:51 am
I keep mine and apply makeup in the bathroom. I know meeting makeup in the bathroom isn't so good for it due to the humidity but it's the best place for me. The lighting in my bedroom isn't very good and I don't have a master bathroom or walk in closet. However, if you have the space for a mirror in your closet and the lighting is good that's probably the best spot.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:16 am
I have a (full length) mirror on my wall, and a lamp next to it. I keep my makeup in bins on the floor and sit (on the floor) in front of the mirror to apply it.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:20 am
My special-occasion makeup sits in a lidded box in a dresser drawer. The basic everyday stuff including grooming and dressing essentials live in a basket (with carry handles) that I tote with me to the bathroom. My normal makeup routine is minimal and the bathroom mirror is good enough. For special occasions I use a magnifying mirror at the kitchen table, where I can sit down, the lighting is better, and I can bring in an extra lamp if needed. No one's personal items stay in the bathroom aside from toothbrushes.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 10:04 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
I have a (full length) mirror on my wall, and a lamp next to it. I keep my makeup in bins on the floor and sit (on the floor) in front of the mirror to apply it.

My mother only wore make up on special occasions, but she kept her make up in the drawer of her night table, and a magnifying mirror on top. She would sit on the floor in front of the table to apply it. (Some visiting relatives were shocked when they saw her doing this before my sisters wedding!)

I have a lipstick that I wear under duress, and I'm not too sure where it is, so I can't comment.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
My special-occasion makeup sits in a lidded box in a dresser drawer. The basic everyday stuff including grooming and dressing essentials live in a basket (with carry handles) that I tote with me to the bathroom. My normal makeup routine is minimal and the bathroom mirror is good enough. For special occasions I use a magnifying mirror at the kitchen table, where I can sit down, the lighting is better, and I can bring in an extra lamp if needed. No one's personal items stay in the bathroom aside from toothbrushes.

Where is everyone's personal items stored?

(Struggling with this because I dont have room in my bathroom)

cuffs

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:03 am
I have a mirror above my dresser and a drawer in the dresser filled with my makeup, jewelry… I don’t have a vanity in my bathroom

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Where is everyone's personal items stored?

(Struggling with this because I dont have room in my bathroom)

Each person keeps his or her stuff in his or her dresser or desk drawer. oldest dd has so much she uses one of those doohickies with plastic pockets that hang from the closet rod.
Shampoo, conditioner , toothpaste and body wash are in family-size containers for all to share; if anyone prefers to use their own they have to keep it with the rest of their stuff in their room.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:

Shampoo, conditioner , toothpaste and body wash are in family-size containers for all to share; if anyone prefers to use their own they have to keep it with the rest of their stuff in their room.

That's what we had growing up. My mother brought family size bottles for everyone to use. Anyone who wanted anything else was welcome to buy their own and keep it in their room, bringing it to the bathroom when needed. (We could also leave it in the bathroom, but in that case it was considered available for public use. So we didn't.)

Janie Asne

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:31 pm
I keep my makeup in something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Water-r.....psc=1

I hang it on the wall in the bathroom and I like that if I ever want to take it with me, I can just zip it up and it’s good to go...

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:01 pm
Is there any room at all in your bedroom for a small makeup table. I have seen some really ingenious ways that people manage to get them into small spaces and you can configure them with lots of storage as well. A small stool to sit on doesn't take up space when it is slid under.

I used to have a vanity table in my master bedroom because I like to sit comfortably when I am grooming.

Alternatively if no room in your bedroom, you could get additional storage for your bathroom as they have all kinds of ways to increase storage efficiently in small spaces.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics