Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Agudah for girls

yihyetov

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 11:22 am
I saw the camp post re what to send that's not on the list for boys...can we do the same idea for girls?? I'm so overwhelmed this being my first time! How many duffle bags can each girl bring? What do the girls dress like on shabbos? Do I send a shabbos robe? During the week is it all long skirts? Or short skirts too? What type of pajamas do I pack? What extra chachkes do I need? Please post all your tips for girls!!

yihyetov

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:03 pm
Bump. Anyone?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:14 pm
It may help in getting responses if you don't limit it to one camp. How old is your daughter? Is she taking a bus to camp or flying?

My girls went to a similar style camp. They always took 2 duffels because they needed it to fit all their stuff, but they went on a bus and did not have a luggage limit.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 4:32 pm
yihyetov wrote:
I saw the camp post re what to send that's not on the list for boys...can we do the same idea for girls?? I'm so overwhelmed this being my first time! How many duffle bags can each girl bring? What do the girls dress like on shabbos? Do I send a shabbos robe? During the week is it all long skirts? Or short skirts too? What type of pajamas do I pack? What extra chachkes do I need? Please post all your tips for girls!!

Send 1 large suitcase and 1 large duffel (both on wheels if possible).

The girls like to dress for shabbos. Send her shabbos clothes with instructions for her not to send out the clothes to the laundry service (it all gets washed and dried in machines). Or else send clothes that you don't mind running through the dryer. Or give her laundry detergent with instructions on how to hand wash in the sink.

Send a robe for after the meals on shabbos (and to be able to sit in the grass).

The girls like having a camp chair, clip on fan, sometimes a tutu for random dress ups.

Skirts are mostly long but you can throw in some comfy knee length ones too.

Pajamas vary based on what the girls like. Just don't send anything skimpy. A lot of girls wear leggings and fun short sleeve tees. Some wear nightshirts/nightgowns.

I'll post a full detailed list soon.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 5:04 pm
This should help get you started.

Girls Camp List
-stick on name labels (label everything beforehand), permanent marker to send along
-29” suitcase on wheels, duffel bag on wheels for bedding, backpack for trips, Sterilite drawer set or foldable baskets for shelves
-2 full sets linen, 1 blanket, 1-2 pillows (clips to keep fitted sheets in place)
-mini negel vasser set
-3 large towels, 2 hand towels for near bed
-zip up swim robe
-2-3 bathing suits
-swim dress/long tee for trip
-goggles and swim gear
-2 pairs sneakers, 1 shabbos shoes, 1 pr slides (for swimming & showers), 1 Natives or rain shoes
-4 sets shabbos clothes
-hangers & skirt hangers
-14-16 pairs socks
-14-16 pairs underwear
-6 bras (if expensive and they know how to rotate and wash by hand, 4 should be enough)
-6 pairs pantyhose (send 8 if going for a whole summer
-12-14 t-shirts
-6-8 skirts
-1 set junk clothes (can be part of your original count)
-2 sweatshirts (1 heavier weight)
-6 pjs
-packable rain poncho, mini fold travel umbrella
-net bag for socks, dirty laundry bag, pretreating laundry stick
-foldable shower caddy supply holder
-clip on fan, flashlight
-camera, MP3 player & earphones (no internet capability)
-batteries for flashlight and camera
-siddur (with tehillim & shabbos davening)
-some fun things that they like, books, sketch paper, slime ingredients, glow sticks, tutu, face paint, toenail polish or whatever makes them happy
-folding beach chair with carry strap
-baseball cap, sunglasses
-pre-stamped postcards / paper / pen / stamps / envelopes
-tissues for near bed, hand soap for sink, air freshener for bathroom, wipes if needed
-deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, 2 poofs, 2 toothbrushes, 1 toothpaste
-sunscreen, bug repellent
-brush, comb, ponyholders, pins, shaver, nail clipper
-feminine hygiene products in opaque bag
-nosh and bin to hold it

*Amounts are approximate. Send what feels right to you, just keep in mind that they need clothes for 1-2 weeks (laundry is collected once a week and returned a day or more later - also keep the 9 days in mind and then the turnaround time afterward until the laundry gets back). Panties and socks they really need 2 weeks worth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children