Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What to give for end of the year gift

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:02 pm
I would love to give a gift card to a local store (as opposed to Amazon, target etc) what kind of store should I give to. I have a bunch of kids in school so I can't do a large amount on each gift card

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:03 pm
A local cafe or gift shop.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:30 pm
Where can I purchase an Amazon gift card? I want a $50 Amazon card and only found a $25

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
Where can I purchase an Amazon gift card? I want a $50 Amazon card and only found a $25

Purchase off of Amazon. They will send a cute card an envelope also. You can also have it emailed or texted if needed faster....also cute themes.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:09 pm
A bagel or ice cream store. Things are cheaper there so a smaller amount goes further (than a home goods store for example).

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:22 pm
Just be aware if the teacher doesn't actually live in the community it's useless. I get gift cards to cares in the community I teach in, but I live a half hour away and I'm not driving in on a day off to use them, so I give them away.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:28 pm
I'm not a teacher but a school therapist. I have gotten $10 gift cards to local ice cream stores. Its such a treat to take my kids out (or just go with hubby).

My mom used to give teachers a small plant at the end of the year. I think that's really nice also

But really anything you give is so kind and thoughtful and appreciated!

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:38 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Purchase off of Amazon. They will send a cute card an envelope also. You can also have it emailed or texted if needed faster....also cute themes.

What if I want to give the card in person?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c659e

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 3:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would love to give a gift card to a local store (as opposed to Amazon, target etc) what kind of store should I give to. I have a bunch of kids in school so I can't do a large amount on each gift card

Ice cream shop
Coffee shop
Judaica store

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 4:02 pm
Coffee shop
Judaica shop

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 5:49 pm
Not sure what type you are or your child’s teachers but I always give $10 for a manicure or could be used towards a pedicure teachers always love it

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 3:27 pm
Teachers really appreciate everything but please don’t forget the card! That’s the best part, especially if written by the kids!

helpful

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 6:05 pm
As a therapist, I've gotten gift cards to Judaica stores, gift shops, towel shops, beauty salon, local restaurant and coffee shops. If you want to give a small amount, give it in a store/ shop that carries items/ food in that price range.
I.e. $20 in a gift shop doesn't get you that far, but $20 in a beauty salon covers a manicure or chair massage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics