Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Any students here?

EstyEF

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:04 am
I'm a full time teacher, graduate student (Special Ed.) and B"H, have my first baby on the way. Any other full time mamas and/ or working women continuing their education out there?
How do you make it work? Just interested in chatting/ comparing experiences mostly.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:23 am
I’m in PA school and due soon BezH with my first. I don’t know how I’m going to do it!

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:33 am
Started my Bachelors with 3 kids, my Masters with 4, and now working on my doctorate. I work 40+ hours per week. What makes it work is that I love my job and my studies!

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:56 am
Applying to PA school, due in a few months with my second iyH. No idea how this is gonna work - undergrad was hard enough with one kid!
And I'd still like to work while I'm in school because I need some kind of money, but does that even work?
Sort of freaking out!

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:25 pm
Hi! I'm in NP school with a few kids and working 30 hours a week. It's hard! What's the alternative though? I have a little cleaning help but the real support is my husband who is my biggest fan. He helps a lot and encourages me when I'm overwhelmed.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 12:30 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I’m in PA school and due soon BezH with my first. I don’t know how I’m going to do it!

I have a friend who was in PA school and when they found out that she was expecting, they called in a psychologist to see her, they thought she seriously lost it lol

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
I have a friend who was in PA school and when they found out that she was expecting, they called in a psychologist to see her, they thought she seriously lost it lo9l
[I]

Sounds a bit over the top. I know many women who gave birth in PA school

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 1:49 pm
Working on my BA with two kids (baby and toddler). I am also going to be working full time and I may be pregnant with my 3rd. My baby isn’t even a year yet. I give myself some slack of things aren’t perfect it’s ok and my husband helps.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:31 pm
I'm full time graduate student with 5 kids. Life is definitely hectic but this gives me an outlet other then kids!

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:35 pm
Did my BA with a 14m old and masters with that same kid turning 2. Was pregnant at the end of it. It was hard but I now have 3 kah and so glad it's done

paperflowers

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 2:42 pm
Another graduate school mama here. I don’t want to say the details under my screen name but I’d love to share experiences by pm.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 11:51 pm
So many ppl in Pa school! I just had my first baby while I was in my didactic year of PA school. I didn’t take off at all which was doable since we were online due to covid. It was super challenging, but Bh I’m in a Jersey program so I have off now for the entire summer. I like to think I started maternity leave at 6 weeks instead of ending it then.
It’s definitely doable to have a baby in grad school. Speak to your program director and figure out what will work for you. I didn’t want to take off since I’d fall too behind but everyone is different.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:31 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
So many ppl in Pa school! I just had my first baby while I was in my didactic year of PA school. I didn’t take off at all which was doable since we were online due to covid. It was super challenging, but Bh I’m in a Jersey program so I have off now for the entire summer. I like to think I started maternity leave at 6 weeks instead of ending it then.
It’s definitely doable to have a baby in grad school. Speak to your program director and figure out what will work for you. I didn’t want to take off since I’d fall too behind but everyone is different.

So I was hoping we would still be on zoom but we are going back to in person right before I’m due Sad also don’t really have much of an option to take off unless I take off the whole year and then I’m a year behind... I don’t know how it will work out but it’s just going to have to!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 1:24 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
So I was hoping we would still be on zoom but we are going back to in person right before I’m due Sad also don’t really have much of an option to take off unless I take off the whole year and then I’m a year behind... I don’t know how it will work out but it’s just going to have to!

I was so so grateful we were still on zoom. What I was going to do if not though was ask my school about logging into class remotely for a week or two and the coming back to campus.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics