Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to make that creamy sweet kani?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 11:40 am
when I get a sweet kani roll, the inside is not the sticks of kani, it's like a blended mixture.
Does anyone here have a recipe for that?

So I went to an event and they had a yummy sushi thing, was nori on the outside and this sweet kani on the inside, but was cut in a triangle shape, with one side open, kind of like a rectangle cut in half diagonally. Does anyone know what that it? I would love to replicate!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:03 pm
Do you mean a hand roll?
https://www.google.com/search?.....JWkzM

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:10 pm
It didn't quite look like that, it was small and more like a rectangle that was cut in half diagonally. But that is close enough Smile

Do you know how to make that blended sweet kani filling?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:14 pm
Put it through a food processor, with cream cheese or parve cream cheese (whatever your minhag), or you can use mayo. Sweeten a tiny bit at a time until you get the flavor that you remember. The most authentic is to use Kewpie brand mayo, which is hard to find, and I don't know if it has a heksher. I haven't bought it in ages.

Some day I am going to write a cook book for BTs and gerim, called "I can't believe it's not treif!" It will have all your favorite comfort foods, with proper substitutions to get the familiar flavors and textures.

I could probably get it sponsored by Tofutti and beef fry "bacon". Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 12:26 pm
So I decided to ask my sushi place what they put in and they said: kani, sesame oil, and mayo.
I just blended it together and it looks like the real deal! We'll see how it tastes!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen