Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lingering Covid Symptoms

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:29 am
My poor husband has been suffering for the past 14+ months with long term COVID symptoms. These include brain fog, anxiety, fatigue, dizziness and a few other similar symptoms. All this is also contributing to him feeling very down about himself as he is not operating on his normal levels due to these symptoms. Is anyone else experiencing something similar or anyone you know going through this?

What can my dh do to ease his symptoms?
As a wife what are some things I can do to help him as he is feeling very down about all this.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:43 am
There have been reports of the vaccine helping for long-term Covid. Has he tried one of the clinics that have opened to deal with this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:50 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
There have been reports of the vaccine helping for long-term Covid. Has he tried one of the clinics that have opened to deal with this?

I am trying to talk him into getting the vaccine because of this, but he is very nervous that it will cause him to get covid again. I tried explaining that even in those cases that people did get the virus again, it was much more mild and people have reported an ease in the lingering symptoms. He has a lot of needle/doctor anxiety in general (from before covid) and all this has only made this worse

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:53 am
I think I read Mount Sinai hospital opened up a ward specifically for long haulers. But I think there's a year or two waiting list.

There's loads of Facebook group for long haulers. I'm sure you can get some good advice there.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am trying to talk him into getting the vaccine because of this, but he is very nervous that it will cause him to get covid again. I tried explaining that even in those cases that people did get the virus again, it was much more mild and people have reported an ease in the lingering symptoms. He has a lot of needle/doctor anxiety in general (from before covid) and all this has only made this worse

The vaccine doesn't make you get Covid.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My poor husband has been suffering for the past 14+ months with long term COVID symptoms. These include brain fog, anxiety, fatigue, dizziness and a few other similar symptoms. All this is also contributing to him feeling very down about himself as he is not operating on his normal levels due to these symptoms. Is anyone else experiencing something similar or anyone you know going through this?

As a wife what are some things I can do to help him as he is feeling very down about all this.

You can pm me if you want. I have personal experience.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oy it’s terrible and sounds all too familiar to me.
Did your husband find any relief yet?

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 10:02 pm
I have /had long covid for more than a year. I got the vaccine and miraculously I just feel better.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
I have /had long covid for more than a year. I got the vaccine and miraculously I just feel better.

Wow that’s amazing! I’m considering but so scared of the side affects. Which vaccine did you take , how soon did you feel better? And what were your symptoms ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Oy it’s terrible and sounds all too familiar to me.
Did your husband find any relief yet?

Bh it is slowly starting to get better. He started seeing a chiropractor which has really made a difference. He also started seeing a therapist to address his anxiety and that too seems to be helping. Right now I am trying to get him to take the vaccine as I have heard that many people with long-term symptoms found relief after taking the vaccine

English3

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 9:25 am
Try taking the protocol of Ivermectin with vitamin d and the rest off it. People have seen changes in two days

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 9:28 am
English3 wrote:
Try taking the protocol of Ivermectin with vitamin d and the rest off it. People have seen changes in two days

He is doing the vitamin regimen. As of now, we haven't seen too much relief from that...

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:54 am
Can I ask which chiropractor?

English3

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He is doing the vitamin regimen. As of now, we haven't seen too much relief from that...

Have you heard of the drops? I am not sure what they are called.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Can I ask which chiropractor?

Dr. Krasner is Lakewood

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:12 am
English3 wrote:

I have heard this as well, from people that it worked for.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 12:29 pm
Kinesiology helped for quite a few people I know.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics