Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How to respond

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:38 am
My 4 yo ds knows boys have a p nis and girls don’t. But he doesn’t know what girls have instead, or how they can urinate.
He’s asking me. What do I respond (truthful but simple)?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:40 am
They have a second hole where they pee from

no need to mention vag

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
They have a second hole where they pee from

no need to mention vag

2nd hole?

I would just say that his body part (that he knows the proper name of) has a hole for urination.

A girls body has a hole closer to the body and it's called the urethra. And it's also a private word we use if we're talking to our parents or to the doctor, etc. not out and about, just like p nis.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:51 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
2nd hole?

I would just say that his body part (that he knows the proper name of) has a hole for urination.

A girls body has a hole closer to the body and it's called the urethra. And it's also a private word we use if we're talking to our parents or to the doctor, etc. not out and about, just like p nis.

Thank you!

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:54 am
Reminds me of when my DD was 3.5. We have no boys in our family. She was in a co-ed nursery camp and the kids often went to the bathroom in the room without closing the door. One day while I was bathing her and her 1.5 yo sister, she says to me: you want to hear something cool. Me:sure. Her: Chaim has a really cool belly button that he can pee out of. Yaakov also has one. I think that maybe Morah Shira has one too.
I responded interesting, but I think only boys have those. She responds no, I don’t think so, she definitely does.
No arguing with that DD.
15 years later and having taken Tzelem in middle school, 8 grade bio, and HS bio, she is significantly more knowledgeable. We laugh about it now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers