Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much you spend on vitamins, supplements, herbs monthly?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

How much do you spend on vitamins, supplements, herbs monthly?
<$100  
 83%  [ 92 ]
$101-200  
 7%  [ 8 ]
$201-300  
 3%  [ 4 ]
$301-400  
 2%  [ 3 ]
$401-500  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$501-600  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$601-700  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$701-800  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$801-900  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$901-1000  
 0%  [ 0 ]
$1001-1500  
 0%  [ 0 ]
>$1500  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 110

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Maybe you should tell my child's neurologist? Who just prescribed for him a regimen of vitamins (and minerals and herbs).

You can show him these articles

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Just to be clear, you’re talking strictly vitamins, or also minerals and other supplements?

All of it. But I’m really curious why you’re hiding under amother

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 8:49 pm
There isn't an option for zero.

When my ds was a teen I spent a lot of money on a supplement that helped him sooooo much. I forgot what it's called. It came in a box. It was a capsule with oil inside. Did wonders for him, he was able to get off meds.
It costed a lot, that's all I remember.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 8:52 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
All of it. But I’m really curious why you’re hiding under amother
I’m trying to understand what you’re saying. Because I personally read more than 100 scientific, peer reviewed journal articles on the benefits of specific supplements on specific ailments.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:03 pm
I’m trying to understand what you’re saying. Because I personally read more than 100 scientific, peer reviewed journal articles on the benefits of specific supplements on specific ailments.

Well, read what I posted. Vitamins and supplements are not needed, say nearly all doctors.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:04 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
You can show him these articles

The articles you cited talk about a vague item called "multi vitamins" while those of us who have had positive experiences with vitamins are talking about specific vitamins for specific ailments. Apples and oranges.

Though I'm curious why you would think Dr. Google has some kind of knowledge that my neurologist, who went through medical school, etc, doesn't have. Like why bother going to medical school? Just google.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:06 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Well, read what I posted. Vitamins and supplements are not needed, say nearly all doctors.

Let’s rephrase the question. If your child had an ailment that prevented him from living life to its fullest, and all of the doctors tell you that “nothings wrong” and “all the tests are normal”, or better yet, they gave him a medication (or a dozen) that didn’t work, what would your next step be?

lucky14

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:10 pm
OP what vitamins are you buying each month that are so expensive? Or is it the amount of vitamins that you are purchasing?

simcha2

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:15 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
My son takes 3 Gluterase pills within 3 hours of eating wheat. He takes Ultraflamix Plus and Vitamin D daily. The Gluterase and UltraInflmix do not have a hechsher but our Rav checked the ingredients and okayed them.

I don't know if it's comparable, but we use glutenease, which does have hashgacha.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:27 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Ye, Throwing a drug store multi at any human won’t do much For anyone. I guess we can agree on that. And besides, I don’t trust drs on this at all. They are great at saving lives but the model on a whole has completely lost touch with what it means to be truly healthy.
So what about chromium for blood sugar control?
Magnesium for eclampsia?
Nac for drug overdose and ocd?
Glutathione for joint pain?
B6 for skin?
Cryptolepis and Japanese knotwood for Lyme?
Gaba for anxiety?

Each of these has literature backing their efficacy. And there are hundreds more.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:34 pm
Ye, Throwing a drug store multi at any human won’t do much For anyone. I guess we can agree on that.
But what about chromium for blood sugar control?
Magnesium for eclampsia?
Nac for drug overdose and ocd?
Glutathione for joint pain?
B6 for skin?
Cryptolepis and Japanese knotwood for Lyme?
Gaba for anxiety?

Each of these has literature backing their efficacy. And there are hundreds more.

Wow, you should really write a book about this. I would love to read about all these things!!!

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:35 pm
Wow, you should really write a book about this. I would love to read about all these things!!!
There are lots of books already written about these things. With references.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:46 pm
There are lots of books already written about these things. With references.

Just because I'm looking for something to read... can you name some of them? Vague titles are ok, I can search.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:51 pm
Use iherb, cheap and very quick delivery.

No idea how much we spend a month because it's my husband's department.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:56 pm
Just because I'm looking for something to read... can you name some of them? Vague titles are ok, I can search.
Magnesium Miracle by dr. Carolyn dean. Dirty genes by dr. Ben lynch. Anything by dr Amy Yasko, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale , Abram Hoffer, Andrew Saul, Carl Pfeiffer, Linus Pauling, Depression free Naturally by Joan Larson, hEaling without hurting, the adhd and autism nutritional supplement handbook. Finally focused by Dr. James Greenblatt. Amy Myers. Herbal antibiotics and herbal antivirals by Stephen Buhner. Dr. Kenneth Bock.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:05 pm
Deficiency in B6 effects women hormone imbalance. Very common side effect of bc is depletion of b6, hence lower libido

And those who aren't into supplements, the reason they say they are waste is because many people don't know what their deficient in and don't taylor to their needs. Just like most people today take vitamin d, because it's routine to test for deficiency, other vitamins and minerals need to be taken for deficiency.

Herbs can and always have been used for healing.

Nac is an amino acid and there are many more that have been found to be helpful for various behavioral issues.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:15 pm
Most doctors say that supplements are not necessary if a person's diet includes all needed nutrients. But the fact is that many people do not or cannot eat foods that supply all the nutrients they need, and doctors do recommend supplements in that case.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:47 pm
Magnesium Miracle by dr. Carolyn dean. Dirty genes by dr. Ben lynch. Anything by dr Amy Yasko, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale , Abram Hoffer, Andrew Saul, Carl Pfeiffer, Linus Pauling, Depression free Naturally by Joan Larson, hEaling without hurting, the adhd and autism nutritional supplement handbook. Finally focused by Dr. James Greenblatt. Amy Myers. Herbal antibiotics and herbal antivirals by Stephen Buhner. Dr. Kenneth Bock.

THANK YOU!!!!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:50 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
Most doctors say that supplements are not necessary if a person's diet includes all needed nutrients. But the fact is that many people do not or cannot eat foods that supply all the nutrients they need, and doctors do recommend supplements in that case.

Right, we don't need multi vitamins if our diets supply all the nutrients we need, but many people do not eat diets that do that. Many women are low in iron for example. Many people are deficient in Vitamin D. And older people especially may not be eating enough, or not absorbing enough, nutrients in general.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:03 pm
I meant minerals too.
Take a lot of different types of supplements, vitamins etc and they're so expensive.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics