Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dexter park, Monsey

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 8:23 pm
Hi! My dh and I are looking to move to dexter park. Where are the shuls in the neighborhood? Which blocks are Frum? Thanks!

amother
Lemonlime

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:04 pm
We love it. It's a really nice, friendly, somewhat put of town flavor as far as shtick and the like. Friendly and laid back. Not sure if there's an issue with posting exact shul addresses as at least one is in a house. There is one main yeshivish shul (Highland area), another one that's in the southern area near Craftwood (more of a mix crowd wise-really nice-and opened more due to to the fact that the main one is moving to the northern area, one in a kollel (south pascack) and another closer to Pearl River that's chassidish. At this point most of the blocks have at least a few and many have lot of Frum people. Lillian, Highland, Renfrew, Balmoral, S Pascack, Wallace, Craftwood, Perth, Lomond, Badger, Homelawn, Grotke, Samuel, Appledale... I'm sure I'm missing some. Speak to a realtor. Houses go fairly quickly. Hatzlocha

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:20 pm
agree with the above poster on everything.

great, laid back/no pressure neighborhood. shuls are where she mentioned above (although eventually, as she said, the main shul will be moving)

the houses are gone almost immediately, so you have to be ready to jump the moment something becomes available.

every block really has frum families... if you look at the map and start at lilian/north cheryl and go down all the way until appledale/craftwood, and between ross and highland- that basically covers the main streets in dexter park and id say every block has frum families

find an agent and good luck!!

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 10:34 pm
Looking in pearl river. Is that also a frum area?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:05 pm
Yes, Gottlieb drive in pearl river has close to 20 jewish families. A really nice mix.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 6:34 am
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:12 pm
North side is nice. The whole neighborhood started out with a laid back, out of town vibe, but has changed and gotten a little more in-town since. Like I said, the north side has seemed to retain that down-to-earth feel still. The shul is no longer as nice a crowd as it once was; now the nicer families seem to mostly daven by the Kollel or by the heimishe minyan on brookview blvd

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 10:29 am
Who's the rav in the kollel shul? Is that rav Muller's shul? Where is rav Muller's shul located?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries