Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Balaboosta cleaning schedule

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 1:11 am
Help me out. I’m wanting to be organized and not over obsessing. I have a large house/ basement, kitchen, dining room, play room, study, 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms.
When do you clean what? How often does linen get changed. What gets done daily? Weekly? Laundry for family of 6
All tips and ideas appreciated Can't Believe It

Beingreal

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 1:21 am
Following

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 4:18 am
Everyone needs to make a schedule for that works for them. Here’s a routine that works for me:

Best tip is to clean up after each mess so that it doesn’t pile. Dishes get washed as soon as they are used or after each meal, toys are cleaned up straightway etc.

Daily- tidy up- make sure everything has a “home”, sweep, dishes, one load of laundry:

Laundry- Each person has a basket in their room. I do one load a day. I don’t have an clean laundry basket, as soon as it comes out of the dryer, I put it away.

Linen- I change every other week on Wednesday when my cleaning lady comes.

Bathrooms- once a week a good clean (cleaning lady), I do spray and clean a bit before Shabbos as well as when needed.

Kitchen- tidy up each day but a clean one a week

Floors- I have a robot vacuum /mop that does a good daily job and before Shabbos we do a regular mop

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 9:04 am
Flylady is excellent for providing help in terms of keeping a house clean and organized. She is not a fanatic and you don't have to follow her completely but it is a great way to get started.

She provides a list of what should be done in each room and suggestions on what to do each day, each week and each month

There is no reason to reinvent the wheel. At the very least her advice on the "shiny sink" is completely true as she is right that clutter spawns clutter. So if you do only one thing every morning - make sure your kitchen sink is clean and beds are made, it is more likely that you will spend a bit more effort keeping things organized and cleaner.

flylady.net

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:06 am
Thank you so much

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:31 am
I clean upstairs on Tuesday mornings. First floor I clean Wed morning.Thurs a m. I cook and then clean the kitchen and bathroom near it. Friday I cook then wipe down counters. Sunday I do the basement bathroom and vaccum. Laundry is done whenever needed...

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 10:34 am
Check out the secret slob.
She has a website and a channel on youtube. Based on the flylady, but simpler and more motivating to me. Just started her program about two weeks ago, and already seeing results.
Started with babysteps, and now an asking some zone cleaning along the baby steps.
She has free printable Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics