Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Do you want your boys to grow up and be like your husband?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very interested to hear everyone's replies

Oh God, No!

I hope they'll accept responsibilities of adulthood, and wont operate as life is a black and white journey. And mostly, I hope they'll understand that other opinions are equally as valid as their own.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:42 pm
I only want them to have his good attributes

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:43 pm
His good parts, yes.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:45 pm
Nope not at all. He is not a happy person. Had enough trauma in his life. And he is not frum at all.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:48 pm
No but it would be great for my brothers and sons to grow up like my father.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:48 pm
No - would want my kids to learn what not to be from him

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 10:49 pm
Wow so many yesses.

My answer is I’d want some traits like him and many others like my father.

essie14

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 11:14 pm
Yes!!!! That's why I married him! I sincerely hope our sons grow up to be like him and that my DD marries someone like him.

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Jun 19 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Nope not at all. He is not a happy person. Had enough trauma in his life. And he is not frum at all.

Same Hug Hug Hug Hug
Although there are definitely good qualities that I hope they'll get.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:05 am
NO WAY!!!
He's lazy, self-centered, very child-like emotionally, has very little self-control, puts some of his wants before the kids needs, and has mental health issues. I pray my kids grow up OK despite their father.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:17 am
Yes!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:22 am
Yes I’d be the happiest mom if my sons turn out to be like my DH.

I actually think this is a great question for girls to ask themselves when dating a guy. If he’s someone you want your sons to be like, then I think that says a lot.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:25 am
Maybe just a tiny bit. A teeny bit.

He doesn't lift a finger to help, is on the computer all day.
Cannot be left alone with the kids alone because he either falls asleep or goes into a room on the computer and ignores him.

If I ever get upset (when I find my 1 yo crying next to her dad, but he's sleeping and is unmovable) then he shuts down and gets angry at me for being upset!!!!!

And, he says awkward things in public.

And, I am much smarter than him. It's really painful but it's so hard for me to respect him if he doesn't know what so many words mean, he doesn't know who the Prime Minister of the country is, he doesn't know so many things!!!!

honeymoon

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:26 am
In most ways absolutely yes. If my sons grow up like him I'll be the proudest mother.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:28 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
Maybe just a tiny bit. A teeny bit.

He doesn't lift a finger to help, is on the computer all day.
Cannot be left alone with the kids alone because he either falls asleep or goes into a room on the computer and ignores him.

If I ever get upset (when I find my 1 yo crying next to her dad, but he's sleeping and is unmovable) then he shuts down and gets angry at me for being upset!!!!!

And, he says awkward things in public.

And, I am much smarter than him. It's really painful but it's so hard for me to respect him if he doesn't know what so many words mean, he doesn't know who the Prime Minister of the country is, he doesn't know so many things!!!!

Oh. That sucks. Being able to respect and be respected by your spouse is so important.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:31 am
I never thought of this q before, but it's shocked me to realize that I do NOT NOT NOT want my son's to grow up and be like my dh....

And I thought our marriage was doing great...

I want my son's to care for their wives and put her first.

If my Dil had to wait outside shul for my son for ,1/2 hour bec he couldn't stop talking and it wasn't fair to the other guy, I think I would cry.
That's what dh tells me, that it's not polite to the other guy, so he prefers me waiting out in the coldfor him rather than him ending the Convo.

Dw, I don't wait for him anymore

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:41 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Oh God, No!

I hope they'll accept responsibilities of adulthood, and wont operate as life is a black and white journey. And mostly, I hope they'll understand that other opinions are equally as valid as their own.

This. I’m very worried that my kids (particularly my bechor) shouldn’t turn out like him

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:44 am
BH yes.
I hope my sons and future sons in law learn like him, treat people like he does, and have the same desire for a Torah life that he does.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:40 am
yes and no.
My husband has so many amazing qualities. But he is human and has faults like everyone else.
My boys do too. They have their own amazing qualities, and personalities.
I want them to be themselves. If they are like my husband great. If they are not at all like my husband that is also great.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:41 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
This question should be set up as a poll.

Another good question would be, "Do you want your daughters to marry someone like your husband?"

what is so interesting is that my big girls always rolled their eyes at my husbands dumb dad jokes.
now they they are older and talk about what kind of guy they want to marry they say a funny one that makes jokes like Abba!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics