Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Is there any kosher excuse for this? (Whatsapp related)
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lightgreen

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Nope. I'm not monitoring your language, please don't monitor mine.

Seriously, are you Jewish????

fortunate123

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:38 am
Everyone posting here makes it sound like it’s the simplest thing to mind your own business. For some people in certain situations it’s neither simple nor easy. If this is really weighing you down and you’d like to remove that weight, there is a simple way to do it without having to just ignore it or try to come up with excuses for the other person. Unlike the analogy of “not looking at the toilet paper”, the blue checks are right there in front of you whether you meant to look or not. But you can disable the feature of seeing the blue checks. You need to turn off read receipts (Google how to - it’s a different set of steps for android and iPhone). Nobody will be able to see when or if you read their messages and you won’t be able to see if or when your sent messages were read.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
Seriously, are you Jewish????

I reported your comment. It's against forum rules - and you should be posting under your screen name if you are going to be nasty.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:49 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I reported your comment. It's against forum rules - and you should be posting under your screen name if you are going to be nasty.

Maybe she could’ve worded it diff. But I don’t think asking someone not to use yoshke’s name on a Jewish site is an unreasonable request.
I think that is a basic.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:54 am
sky wrote:
Maybe she could’ve worded it diff. But I don’t think asking someone not to use yoshke’s name on a Jewish site is an unreasonable request.
I think that is a basic.

She didn't any more than you just did...

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
It sounds like you have other reasons to believe this person is not who you hope they are. Maybe it's better to stick to the real issues and not necessarily look to "build a case"

This. If there's a problem here, best to face it head on. Deal with the big issues, and forget about trying to be right. It doesn't matter who's right. What matters is how you move forward. I wish you much strength.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 11:56 am
[...]
I understand why it's hard or maybe not even best idea to mind your own business so I just want to give you another perspective if you do want to dig deeper. You are still religious even if you may be breaking a basic rules. We all do. My advice is that even if you find out that it is indeed true that they check the phone on Shabbos, don't judge them harsher then you would judge yourself for you own missteps. (including judging others, dishonesty, jealousy, causing pain to others etc). We can't be the ones deciding what's a worse sin than others.

[edited by mod. It is against site rules to post about how you sin. Thank you.]

simba

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:00 pm
A bunch of nasty grumpy ladies here. Golly. Go have coffee, or a nap.

OP, it's possible it was just a tech issue. You can choose to believe that. It's possible they are not keeping shabbos or slipped up this once.
If there is reason to be worried about Shabbos adherence with this person I'm general then it's likely your hunch is right.

Whatever you decide to do or not do about it should be with Hatzlacha.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics