Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
How to get my kid to stop waking up with the sun?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:00 am
She’s 4 years old and not the best sleeper in general. She gets 1/2 mg of melatonin at night per her doctor. We’ve tried room darkening shades, sound machines, weighted blankets, pushing off bedtime, ok to wake clocks etc...NOTHING works. Our day starts at 5:30 AM and it doesn’t seem like anything will help. Any advice? I’m bH pregnant and exhausted and NEED my sleep!

Window

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:05 am
Is it Absolutely dark enough that you can’t even see your hand when you wave it in from of you during the day time?
How you can figure something out, sounds so stressful!!

amother
Brass

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:09 am
At 4 years old you can teach her not to wake you.
Prepare a water bottle and a leben with a straw for her in an accessible part of the fridge, (or any other food she likes) and tell her she can take it by herself when she wakes up.
Set an alarm clock for her, and tell her she can wake you only when it rings, until then she needs to play quietly in a specific room.
It took some trial and error, but my son got into the routine of it, and no longer wakes me.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 12:11 am
If you're desperate:
I got this black film on Amazon: (choice of sizes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....30bba

On top of this I hung a thick blackout curtain. The blackout curtain on its own wasn't sufficient.

And I hung a thick blackout curtain outside the bedroom door. It covers all the cracks so no light enters the room. . If you're desperate I'll send you a pick.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:01 am
Oiy!!! I have the same problem! Also a 4 year old. The clock has been helping recently BH BH! Although I remind her before she goes to sleep
Dont wake up until the sun comes up on your clock and then (prize/treat..)
But it's not consistent

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:04 am
There is a traffic light lamp that works great.
Also teach your children that waking someone is not allowed according to the Torah.
I prefer my children wake with normal light and wouldn't feel comfortable with dark out shades.

simba

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:07 am
Utter complete dark. Blackout shades. Line the curtains with tin foil for a full covering.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:18 am
Many children need a absolute black room. I needed that for years and could never sleep. Even a small light like a small blimp coming from a charger won't let me sleep.

amother
Charcoal

Many children need a absolute black room. I needed that for years and could never sleep. Even a small light like a small blimp coming from a charger won't let me sleep.

amother
Charcoal

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 5:19 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers