Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Excellent psychiatrist

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 3:55 pm
Need a new psychiatrist who REALLY knows their drugs. My ds 8 has a few diagnoses (adhd, ocd, anxiety, possible asd) and my current doctor who I am paying a fortune to see doesn’t see to really know the next step when he doesn’t do well on the medication she already prescribed. I got the name of someone great from a friend but she’s not taking new patients. I live in NY but if they do telehealth it does not really matter where. Thank you !

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 5:07 pm
Dr Ronen Hizami is excellent.
His bedside manner isn't the greatest but he is a great diagnostician.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:23 am
Bump please

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Dr Ronen Hizami is excellent.
His bedside manner isn't the greatest but he is a great diagnostician.

We have tried quite a few, including him. I didn’t have a prob with his bedside manner but I also didn’t see any success and I didn’t love some of his suggestions (I felt were not a good fit just because it wasn’t going so easy). We are currently using dr. Harvey kranzler (whom my pediatrician claims is top in his field and has seen it all in his over 30 years practicing). The problem is that he’s incredibly difficult to reach. It was only our second telehealth visit (a lot of $$) but I do feel like he has a grasp of him. We shall see if he’s the right shaliach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)