Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Who wrote the Dear Brothers and Sisters book?
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:22 am
A packet of anti-vax for Covid was mass mailed to Crown Heights residents. Like most anti-vax reading material, it's hard to determine who is funding the printing and distribution of this material and what motivates them to do it.
In this case, what they are saying is not totally wrong but I don't think that the solution that they propose, ivermectin, is currently a viable solution.
I wouldn't pressure young people to take the vaccine but cases are going up in Israel due to travel, the Delta variant, and the fact that most kids are capable of catching and spreading the mutation.
I am just wondering where the money is coming from.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 7:35 am
I think, but I’m not sure that it’s a few brothers in Lakewood who have funds of their own available for this. I know they hand deliver all over Lakewood. I didn’t realize they were doing mass mailings. Could be it’s others with the same agenda.

amother
Garnet

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 8:54 am
the sam brothers who run camp hikon?

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:00 am
The new delta variant is affecting many vaccinated people as well so I don’t know why you are bringing that up.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
The new delta variant is affecting many vaccinated people as well so I don’t know why you are bringing that up.

The question is if the Delta variant is causing serious illness in vaccinated people to the same degree that it affects non vaccinated people. The vaccine is only supposed to reduce severity; not eliminate the virus entirely.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
the sam brothers who run camp hikon?

Maybe the funds came from the same source. Thousands of dollars were spent to advertise Camp Hikon.

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:18 am
southernbubby wrote:
Maybe the funds came from the same source. Thousands of dollars were spent to advertise Camp Hikon.

What is camp Hikon?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:21 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
What is camp Hikon?

It didn't open due to lack of interest but it was supposed to be an extreme RW survivalist camp that believes that vaccinated people shed particles to non vaccinated children.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:35 am
southernbubby wrote:
It didn't open due to lack of interest but it was supposed to be an extreme RW survivalist camp that believes that vaccinated people shed particles to non vaccinated children.

I thought they said they had a few hundred families/kids already signed up????

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:39 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I thought they said they had a few hundred families/kids already signed up????

According to the thread on here about it, it's closed for summer 2021.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:47 am
What is the Delta varient?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
What is the Delta varient?

The Indian variant.
The WHO is trying to avoid negative associations with specific countries, so variants are now named after the Greek alphabet.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:34 am
I thought anti vaxxers are protecting their billion dollar industry. What's the question?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I thought anti vaxxers are protecting their billion dollar industry. What's the question?

It's interesting to me that the same people who defend low wages, abusive practices in the work place, dangerous products, etc in order to preserve the economy, hate the pharmaceutical lobby. They give Walmart and Amazon a free ride to wreck havoc on the economy and the ecology but all of a sudden we have to wage war against the pharmaceutical companies.
Why is it that I see more chiropractors per capita in small towns than in big cities? The homeopathic healer here in Sullivan county has a sign out front. Maybe it's not as big of a business by far as the pharmaceutical industry but there is an attempt to get more people on board with it and I have a feeling that chiropractic clinics attract more conservatives than liberals.

smss

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:52 am
I still don't understand evangelical anti-vaxxers. I don't think I ever will.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:56 am
Why are you mixing in politics into this? I'm confused. Monsey votes democrat.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 10:59 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

Along with a rather misleading thread title.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:00 am
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:

I am talking about what attracts a person to a certain way of thinking about vaccines. I can understand why people are afraid of the Covid vaccine but I don't understand what motivates them to spend a fortune sending out anti-vax propaganda.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:08 am
southernbubby wrote:
I am talking about what attracts a person to a certain way of thinking about vaccines. I can understand why people are afraid of the Covid vaccine but I don't understand what motivates them to spend a fortune sending out anti-vax propaganda.

Yes I find it confusing too.
Left and right doesn't seem to come to mind. This does:

They are looking to be heard and understood. Especially now when in NY coumo is considering mandating it for children and then everyone will be facing their same dilemma they faced with measles. Maybe they will have more parents to help their cause of removing that legislation and also removing that social mindset that has ousted them front the community. If more people are cautious against this then it makes anti-vaxxers more understood.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 11:18 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
Along with a rather misleading thread title.

What is misleading? I am asking who produced the material and why did they go to that extent?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics