Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Sports fan
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 4:41 pm
Does anybody else have a sports fanatic husband?
He likes in this order (I think in this order):
NY Giants (football)
CIA (Argentinian soccer team)
NY Islanders (hockey)
NY Yankees (baseball)
Red Bull (formerly known as metro stars)(NY soccer)
NY Knicks (basketball)
I think that's it.

rb

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 7:49 am
My husband is a BIG fan of the NY Yankees. He gets tickets from his company and goes to alot of games. During the summer he takes my 7 year old son alot and he also became crazy over them. Derek Jeter signed his cap before one game, and my son was a big hit in day camp the next day.

myfriends715

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 8:29 am
actually I'm the sports fanatic.. my d'h claims he is a summer widow while baseball season is on... MARCH 31 is opening day at Yankee stadium SmileSmileSmile

lets see baseball -is my favorite YANKEES
football -JETS (but this yr I did root for the Ginats during the Super bowl)
Hockey- Devils and Islanders
Used to be a big basketball fan in the days of the bulls dream team. . jordan, pipen, rodman, kurr...(anyone know what I'm talking about??)
I hate the knicks.. I guess I would go w/ the pistons but basketball is something I really dont follow.
NO Soccer
occasional golf GO TIGER WOODS

poor dh Smile

baseballmom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:27 am
I too am a big sports fan - baseball first (Yankees), then Basketball and tennis...and of course I got caught up in the superbowl frenzy with the Giants.

myfriends715 wrote:
actually I'm the sports fanatic.. my d'h claims he is a summer widow while baseball season is on... MARCH 31 is opening day at Yankee stadium SmileSmileSmile

lets see baseball -is my favorite YANKEES
football -JETS (but this yr I did root for the Ginats during the Super bowl)
Hockey- Devils and Islanders
Used to be a big basketball fan in the days of the bulls dream team. . jordan, pipen, rodman, kurr...(anyone know what I'm talking about??)
I hate the knicks.. I guess I would go w/ the pistons but basketball is something I really dont follow.
NO Soccer
occasional golf GO TIGER WOODS

poor dh Smile

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:31 am
My husband loves watching sports.

March Madness anyone??!!! Brackets???!! Know what I'm talking about? I think this is my husband's FAVORITE time of the year.

Baseball: Orioles
Football: Redskins
College Basketball: Terps

Unfortunately, he roots for THE MOST FRUSTRATING teams!

bubbles

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:31 am
My husband is a huge sports fan he loves the GIANTS and METS. He used to love the knicks but not so much anymore. I hate sports I do not even know what is going on. No going out on sundays for me when it is football season.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:37 am
Quote:
LOL

baseballmom, I saw your username and that's what made me think of putting up this forum.

It seems like basketball is on the bottom of everybody's list (of team sports).

It's a good thing none of my kids were born on the day of the superbowl because then my husband would've told me to drive myself. I hope I'm kidding!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:40 am
Oh, I didn't put mine in any particular order. He likes them all about the same. March Madness is actually his favorite time of the year. His enjoyment really depends on how how good his team is each year.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:45 am
let me see ... caveliers ... go lebron !!!

and then indians - although since the basketball knowledge, baseball is too slow for me ... What

baseballmom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:45 am
DefyGravity wrote:

March Madness anyone??!!! Brackets???!! Know what I'm talking about? I think this is my husband's FAVORITE time of the year.

What do you mean, you dh? I have brackets...and I'm doing pretty well (although Duke and Georgetown did not do good things for my brackets)

frummom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:47 am
my husband used to be a huge baseball fan, but he's mellowing with age. I, on the other hand, became a baseball fan because of him - and I can't wait for the season to start because FINALLY I'll have something to listen to on the radio!

we're a mixed family, though - my husband and I are yankee fans, but some of the kids go for the mets. where did we go wrong? Rolling Eyes

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:51 am
baseball and some football here. that's enough.

we didn't "let" ds bcome a yankee fan (spit), w're a met family from way back (DH's side); football on my side

fleetwood

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:54 am
Having your kids be Mets fans means you did something right. Wink At least they learnt not to jump on that overflowing and very full Yankee bandwagon. Smile

frummom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 9:59 am
if it makes all you mets fans feel better, when the yankees stink (and I do admit that they stink sometimes Rolling Eyes ) we go for the mets (who stink even more often Twisted Evil ...but I don't want to hijack this thread!).

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 10:03 am
baseballmom wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

What do you mean, you dh? I have brackets...and I'm doing pretty well (although Duke and Georgetown did not do good things for my brackets)

Yeah, Duke messed up a lot of people. I was thinking about doing brackets this year, but decided not to. Last year my husband won a decent amount of money because he came in second in his friend's office pool!

Did you watch the game between Duke and Belmont?

baseballmom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 10:28 am
DefyGravity wrote:
baseballmom wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

Yeah, Duke messed up a lot of people. I was thinking about doing brackets this year, but decided not to. Last year my husband won a decent amount of money because he came in second in his friend's office pool!

Did you watch the game between Duke and Belmont?

I don't have a tv and was busy cleaning for Pesach...but heard the sports report in the middle of the ame and couldn't believe it! I picked UCLA to win the whole thing but they have had too many close games so I doubt I will be right with that.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 10:47 am
Everyone likes a winner, Fleet.

timeout

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 10:52 am
My Dh is a crazy Yankee fan! I had to promise be4 we got married that I would never bother him during a game shock

fleetwood

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 11:09 am
Oh CM I totally agree, that's why I'm a red sox, giants, spurs, tiger woods federrer and Brazil fan. Wink Seriously just kidding. We are Jets season ticket holders...OY!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 26 2008, 12:15 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Oh CM I totally agree, that's why I'm a red sox, giants, spurs, tiger woods federrer and Brazil fan. Wink Seriously just kidding. We are Jets season ticket holders...OY!!!!

Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics