Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What is your major life challenge currently?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:01 pm
Healing from a horribly abusive marriage in every way possible physical, sezual, mental, financial, religious while healing from an abusive childhood and trying to raise traumatized children while being tortured by my husband without knowing when my divorce will be finalized and if and when I will ever receive child support and when I will find a new place to live and hoping this doesn't happen to my siblings while being too ashamed to have real life support. I wish we could just move into a dp camp and heal for a few years before returning to reality.

I didn't want to share this but I get chizzuk reading what other people are writing and how strong everyone is so maybe it can help someone else.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:04 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
Healing from a horribly abusive marriage in every way possible physical, sezual, mental, financial, religious while healing from an abusive childhood and trying to raise traumatized children while being tortured by my husband without knowing when my divorce will be finalized and if and when I will ever receive child support and when I will find a new place to live and hoping this doesn't happen to my siblings while being too ashamed to have real life support. I wish we could just move into a dp camp and heal for a few years before returning to reality.

I didn't want to share this but I get chizzuk reading what other people are writing and how strong everyone is so maybe it can help someone else.

Hashem should give you the strength to keep strong and heal yours and your Dear childrens immense pain. You seem to be an amazingly strong person.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hashem should give you the strength to keep strong and heal yours and your Dear childrens immense pain. You seem to be an amazingly strong person.
Did you post about your issues before you got divorced?

OP- Hashem should give you and me and all of klal yisroel the strength to overcome our challenges and He should bless us with a lot of bracha and no challenges at all.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:07 pm
a lot lot lot of financial problems, credit card didn't go yesterday at the grocery. I am so so sorry for what everyone's going through, and my problems now sound miniscule, so thanks everyone. but im so sorry Crying Crying my heart is breaking may you all have proper yeshuos really really soon!!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
a lot lot lot of financial problems, credit card didn't go yesterday at the grocery. I am so so sorry for what everyone's going through, and my problems now sound miniscule, so thanks everyone. but im so sorry Crying Crying my heart is breaking may you all have proper yeshuos really really soon!!

That is not a miniscule problem at all! And hello the size of one problem doesn't mean another is any less or more. Everyone's struggles are theirs and it's THAT important. I'm sorry that happened to you, Freesia.

PaperDoll

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:18 pm
not a great marriage, a husband who has OCPD and makes live difficult.... and wanting another child and seeing everyone around me and relatives announcing their pregnancy.

PaperDoll

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Sif
Watching the pain on my husband's face as he ries to warmly wish people Mazel Tov daily.
Seeing the sadness of this affecting my only child.
My heart is constantly broken for them.
It's sometimes so hard it takes all my strength just to push through the day.
I'm in constant agony.
Hug Hug Hug

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:22 pm
Took sonogram and there was no heartbeat. I am so sad. To top it off...
Husband can't understand why I'm upset and why I couldnt just continue taking care of kids with bath and supper and bedtime as usual.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:23 pm
Loneliness and lack of $$$

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Took sonogram and there was no heartbeat. I am so sad. To top it off...
Husband can't understand why I'm upset and why I couldnt just continue taking care of kids with bath and supper and bedtime as usual.

If it helps--

I give you permission to mourn. Heart Heart

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:18 am
I am so thankful for all the blessings I do have in my life, and having a dh who is supporting me through the rough times we are going through. We have a complex family situation, and we are both struggling with finding better jobs so we can afford a child.
Itis very hard getting stared at as to why we haven't had a baby, and seeing everyone I know get pregnant. Hopeful both issues get resolved soon.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:43 am
I’m a single mom. My ex is a sx addict. 3 kids all very difficult 😥 feeling very overwhelmed

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 1:07 am
Living with neighbors that love giving me nasty looks....

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:39 am
Going through a horrible marriage and subsequent divorce which fundamentally changed me as a person. Im feeling bitter and resentful and so many other feelings which I have never felt before. I've become 'that woman' who I never felt I could become. It feels like my life was ruined and will never get any better. The pain is severe. I'm angry at gd for giving me so many additional problems. Like cant I have one thing go right.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
Going through a horrible marriage and subsequent divorce which fundamentally changed me as a person. Im feeling bitter and resentful and so many other feelings which I have never felt before. I've become 'that woman' who I never felt I could become. It feels like my life was ruined and will never get any better. The pain is severe. I'm angry at gd for giving me so many additional problems. Like cant I have one thing go right.

I so hear you. I survived one divorce battered but not broken.....but the second one and some subsequent litigation has just left me destroyed. (you can see my saga in brief earlier in this thread)

I knew this recent round of litigation, particularly if it went the way it ultimately went (which was not in my favor) would really destroy me. I've greatly withdrawn from communal life, and I don't want to talk to anyone except maybe 1-2 people about what's really going on inside. Even one of my closest confidants just doesn't truly get it and there's nothing much more to say to her. I'm not angry at her and she didn't do anything wrong, but she's been one of my rocks and even she can't help.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:19 am
Fellow Imas my heart breaks for you! What ever your struggles, Hashem should give you strength to handle whatever is plaguing you, peace with your current situation, and hope for good times to come iyH soon.

My struggles don’t seem quite as big now

Grew up in a dysfunctional home
Lots of trauma from overall home environment
Used to be majorly depressed and suicidal
Got married late and of course had struggles from said trauma. Husband has his own trauma
Not many of friends due to said trauma, I get lonely
Had major complications after giving birth and more trauma from mother who came to the hospital
Now bH pregnant with second after trying for a year and having a lot of anxiety about things going wrong
I dont work because couldn’t handle working and being in school (pt)
Spiritually I feel so far from where I want to be. For example, I don't daven every day and this really bothers me.
I have trouble getting myself motivated in the morning because I have trauma from horrible mornings before school and being yelled at.

My husband and I are also somewhat disconnected from my family who hasn’t gotten help for their issues so it’s hard to relate to them now.

I’m in therapy to deal with all of the above.

That’s my “pekel”

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:07 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I’m coming up on my 12th month of TTC 🥺 every single month I think THIS is gonna be the month and I re-strengthen my emunah in Hashem each month even tho it’s hard and feels foolish to keep hoping. And then…my period comes Sad Sad

It took me a year of trying with my current pregnancy and with my first it only took 2 months. It happened after 12 months when I adopted the attitude that it will happen this month if Hashem wants it too (and also davening while dtd that it will be “a good one”) Smile

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:19 am
My 11 year old was just kicked out of school.
My easiest kid (or so I thought!)
Lots of friends, does well academically. Has a short temper but usually realizes and apologizes when he steps over the line. Today he was fighting with a kid (not unusual in Israel unfortunately) and a teacher held him back from hitting. When she wouldn't let him go he hit her.
My. Son. Hit. His. Teacher.
I am dying.
He's been crying non stop. He feels so terrible. He apologized and will write an apology letter. He's been banned from all end of year parties, production, everything.
Already scheduled a therapist.
I am so depressed.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:22 am
I keep coming back t o this thread to read and it breaks my heart every time, but again in a way gives me chizuk.
I was at the kosel today and I davened for everyone who has and those who haven't posted their 'pekels'.
I davened that we should all have the koach to go ona nd see yeshuos bkarov.

Surrendered

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:43 am
Amother Tan, So special of you to have all of us in your prayers at the kosel, wow, MI K'AMCHA YISROEL.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational