Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Would you/do you live near a highway?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 2:40 am
I'm having a hard time finding the right place- an option came up that seems good but it's right next to a major highway. I'm concerned about noise and pollution. Are these good enough reasons to disqualify this option?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 4:53 am
Palisades parkway is diagonally behind me. Doesn't bother me. Sounds like water.

Eta. Gou cant see it from my house and there is a forest between it and me. Honestly not anything I have thought about except an easy access so great for anyone who commutes. Bh I am in a hot area and my house is worth double what I bought it for, so I dont think it affects the value for me.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:33 am
You'll learn to filter out the noise so that you barely even hear it. Pollution might be more of a concern.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 5:50 am
Depends. If you can see the road and/or need to cross it on foot, then definitely not. If you can plant trees to block out the noise, probably fine. Bear in mind that this will impact the resale value of your house - its appreciation will be limited by the location.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating