Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid vaccine
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:16 pm
Ok so first or all, not trying to bash at all. I mean it. But could I just have some clarification? I'm confused bec no matter what people say, about how its so safe and necessary... this vaccine was around for 1 year I think could be wrong but whatever. ONE YEAR. Absolutely no one knows the long term effects- it wasn't around long term!! Not even close to it!! So how do you folks let this enter your body???? Again, not bashing or anything im genuinely confused and would like to understand the reasoning

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so first or all, not trying to bash at all. I mean it. But could I just have some clarification? I'm confused bec no matter what people say, about how its so safe and necessary... this vaccine was around for 1 year I think could be wrong but whatever. ONE YEAR. Absolutely no one knows the long term effects- it wasn't around long term!! Not even close to it!! So how do you folks let this enter your body???? Again, not bashing or anything im genuinely confused and would like to understand the reasoning

If u don't want it..don't get it. No one cares. Why even start a thread. Don't vaccinate! Honestly, nobody cares what some anonymous poster does. These threads are so dumb already. Just stop! Please.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:22 pm
No im not saying vaccinate or dont vaccinate at all im trying to understand the reason. Sorry though I know this topic is really burnt out already

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:22 pm
Who knows maybe you'll change my mind

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:34 pm
Because the vaccines prevent severe COVID, hospitalization, and worse at virtually 100%. The same cannot be said for COVID infections. Also, many who survived infection are now dealing with longterm symptoms that significantly impact their lives.

Because the risks of bad effects from COVID infection are astronomically higher than any potential negative side effects from the vaccines. Basically anything one might say a vaccine can do, COVID does much worse and is much less controllable.

Because side effects from a vaccine can be identified and treated; COVID infections can go from mild to life-threatening quickly and there are not yet great treatments for those who become severely ill.

Because the vaccines do not stay in the body—they provoke an immune response and then disappear.

Nothing is 100% known in life. Hashem gave us the vaccines, so I am using them. I view it as part of our hishtadlut to protect lives (our own and others).

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:41 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Because the vaccines prevent severe COVID, hospitalization, and worse at virtually 100%. The same cannot be said for COVID infections. Also, many who survived infection are now dealing with longterm symptoms that significantly impact their lives.

Because the risks of bad effects from COVID infection are astronomically higher than any potential negative side effects from the vaccines. Basically anything one might say a vaccine can do, COVID does much worse and is much less controllable.

Because side effects from a vaccine can be identified and treated; COVID infections can go from mild to life-threatening quickly and there are not yet great treatments for those who become severely ill.

Because the vaccines do not stay in the body—they provoke an immune response and then disappear.

Nothing is 100% known in life. Hashem gave us the vaccines, so I am using them. I view it as part of our hishtadlut to protect lives (our own and others).

One can still get covid and die even if vaccinated. It has happened.

Side effects from the vaccine can not always be treated. Once someone dies from it, you can't being them back. There are many people who will be suffering from heart conditions, blood clots, guilliene barre, bells palsy, and more for the rest of their lives due to the vaccine.

Studies are showing the spike protein actually does remain in the body and does not dissappear, as the vaccine companies would like you to believe.

I agree with op that there are so many risks and unknowns with this vaccine. The clinical trials are ongoing.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:48 pm
This is the pfizer covid vaccine study if anyone wants to read it-- https://cdn.pfizer.com/pfizerc.....0.pdf

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:48 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
One can still get covid and die even if vaccinated. It has happened.

Side effects from the vaccine can not always be treated. Once someone dies from it, you can't being them back. There are many people who will be suffering from heart conditions, blood clots, guilliene barre, bells palsy, and more for the rest of their lives due to the vaccine.

Studies are showing the spike protein actually does remain in the body and does not dissappear, as the vaccine companies would like you to believe.

I agree with op that there are so many risks and unknowns with this vaccine. The clinical trials are ongoing.

STOP with the misinformation already!!
Can you please link to these studies you cite? For the spike protein and for the various conditions you cited? Those are big claims to make.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 9:52 pm
I can answer and I’m as anti covid vaccine as it gets. The older people I know that vaccinated, some of them people I love, were extremely petrified of covid, and they wanted to believe the vaccine would solve the problem. The ironic part of their choice was they believed Dr Zelenko and they take vitamin D and eat healthy etc but they feared of being in a situation where nothing could save them from covid, so it was worth the risk. The young one I love that took the vaccine thought it unrealistic that a vaccine could affect health, and had indescribable intense desire for a green passport. The people I love were at least presented with truth and had bechira. I think most people out there just trust MSM and their general practitioner, eye doctor, or dermatologist who are all getting their info from the same place.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
STOP with the misinformation already!!
Can you please link to these studies you cite? For the spike protein and for the various conditions you cited? Those are big claims to make.

Here's a decent summary of the adverse reactions reported in VAERS, what role VEARS plays, and what role it should play in concern for adverse reactions. If you can't access the entire WSJ article because of the paywall, you can google the title and read a reprint.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a.....81749

There's tons of research on the danger of the spike protein, very little research on how long the spike protein stays in which parts of the body and what it directly causes.

All vaccines most likely pose some risk of auto immune disease, but the concern is that mRNA vaccines will pose a greater risk because they operate differently. Many people are complaining of feeling fatigue, head fog, joint achiness ever since they got the vaccine. Unfortunately these may be early indicators of auto-immune disease development. Only time will tell for sure.

Btw this is not misinformation, and it's not even hard to believe. Standard vaccines typically take several years to ascertain all safety standards. How is it possible to know something brand new is definitely safe after just a few months?

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:14 pm
Israel found a link between Pfizer and myocarditis and also a blood disorder. I can provide links on request. Israel currently has positive covid cases of the fully vaccinated. At what point will this information be promoted from misinformation to information?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:23 pm
I’ll summarize.
There is absolutely no accurate info about the vaccine.
It may be totally safe, it may not.
There is definitely lots of coverup and denial about it that many people don’t realize.
But nobody knows. Not the doctors, not Pfizer, and not the cdc becuase it’s new and they keep coming out with new details about it.
We are all making the science as guinea pigs as we vaccinate.
Anyone who pushes you toward it being bad or it being safe is just uninformed and dishonest.

So it’s a take it at your own risk situation.

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:26 pm
The OP asked why someone would take the vaccine, so I shared why I did.

OP, I think this feels challenging or confusing because taking the vaccine is a choice and we perceive getting infected with COVID as a chance. It is often harder to choose to do something that carries a risk, even if it is very, very small, than to just let things happen. The risks of the vaccines are well-documented and, thus far, extremely low. The risks of COVID are also well-documented and much, much higher & evidence of longterm complications for survivors is growing by the day.

For me, and I’m only answering for me, I viewed potentially not getting the vaccine as a choice to leave myself open to the risk of catching a bad case of COVID and I chose to take the vaccine and lower my risk of that substantially.

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:32 pm
My friend took both doses of the vaccine. A few months later, she got Covid and she's in ICU on a ventilator for several months already.

It didn't work for her!

GetReal

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:37 pm
Covid hasn’t been studied long term either. It’s not like we’re weighing a brand new vaccine against something well known like measles. Covid is definitely dangerous and the vaccine is probably safe for most people with some side affects for some.

My perspective is that Hashem is in charge. I asked doctors that I trust who said to vaccinate. So therefore vaccinating is the hishtadlus Hashem wants of me. And I daven.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:40 pm
DH and I and our parents and grandparents and siblings and siblings in law and aunts and uncles and cousins and friends and children have all taken the vaccine with only mild reactions the night of and the next day. No one has died from it or had any serious reactions. And now we're all protected against covid, or at least protected from severe cases, and we can live normally now without fear or masking.

Maybe you live somewhere where "everyone" already had covid, but I don't. So we were all obeying mask mandates and social distancing and all that to keep us from getting covid. We had Zoom simchas and Zoom shivas and were all alone for Shabbos and Yom Tov and special occasions for over a year. Our children went to school wearing masks and eating behind plexiglass and they stayed in their cohorts and had no assemblies.

The vaccine gave us back our lives. We are finally able to get together with our families and friends in each other's houses. We can celebrate milestones in person again. We can hug relatives after being socially distanced for a whole year of aveilus. Our children can have playdates and sleepovers with their friends. We can travel and get away from our daled amos that we've been ensconced in for over a year. We can live normally again.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 10:41 pm
GetReal wrote:
Covid hasn’t been studied long term either. It’s not like we’re weighing a brand new vaccine against something well known like measles. Covid is definitely dangerous and the vaccine is probably safe for most people with some side affects for some.

My perspective is that Hashem is in charge. I asked doctors that I trust who said to vaccinate. So therefore vaccinating is the hishtadlus Hashem wants of me. And I daven.

So covid and the vaccine are both new, but you are saying that covid is dangerous and the vaccine is safe? We don't really know enough about the vaccine to know it is safe, especially in the long term. I respect everyone's choice, but I dont think anyone can say the vaccine is safe long term, when we really have no proof that it is.

GetReal

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:11 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
So covid and the vaccine are both new, but you are saying that covid is dangerous and the vaccine is safe? We don't really know enough about the vaccine to know it is safe, especially in the long term. I respect everyone's choice, but I dont think anyone can say the vaccine is safe long term, when we really have no proof that it is.

But you have to choose. And I know that covid is dangerous.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:16 pm
So sad how some people are politicizing what is an individual choice cost benefit analysis. B”H previous US government was able to perform a miracle and develop with private industry and distribute vaccine to effectively stop the spread and lockdowns etc. Glad it is a viable choice for those who need or want it. Glad we have the choice not to take it if we don’t feel it is indicated and risks outweigh benefit. No guarantees either way. We do our hishtadlus. May Hashem Keep everyone safe and healthy!

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
I’ll summarize.
There is absolutely no accurate info about the vaccine.
It may be totally safe, it may not.
There is definitely lots of coverup and denial about it that many people don’t realize.
But nobody knows. Not the doctors, not Pfizer, and not the cdc becuase it’s new and they keep coming out with new details about it.
We are all making the science as guinea pigs as we vaccinate.
Anyone who pushes you toward it being bad or it being safe is just uninformed and dishonest.

So it’s a take it at your own risk situation.

According to your logic, it’s also a “don’t take it at your own risk” situation. But the risks of the after affects of getting COVID, are way worse than the risks of getting the shot.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics