Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Building collapse surfside Miami Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m finding this situation as traumatic.
But I don’t find ppl as shaken as they were by the meron tragedy.

The story is still unfolding and somehow until their deaths are confirmed we are hoping for miracles. Whereas when we heard about Meron we right away heard that there were tons of casualties. The shock is different when it comes slowly although loss of life especially in such a tragic way is always horrific.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:41 pm
Mama Bear, I don't think you're wrong for starting to try to make connections. We're already a few weeks or so past Meron and Shavuos, when maybe the right people should be giving us guidance and suggestions. And yes, this does seem to be part of the continuum. (Covid too, not being able to breathe.)
But it's just too soon to go there. The only place to go is where everything ultimately leads and that is Torah, chessed, ahaves Yisrael.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:13 pm
The list of tehillim names is too huge to imagine.
Yo see pleas of families to daven - this one was on 6th floor. This one on 12th.
It’s too much.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The list of tehillim names is too huge to imagine.
Yo see pleas of families to daven - this one was on 6th floor. This one on 12th.
It’s too much.

Can you post the updated list?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:17 pm

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Nobody was found period. There are over 90 missing Hashem Yerachem.

Actually, I watched a live feed at around 4:30 and the commissioner said 37 people were found. (At the time)

But still 99 missing.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Actually, I watched a live feed at around 4:30 and the commissioner said 37 people were found. (At the time)

But still 99 missing.

I don't think those people were 'found' per say, they were rescued from the building. Not from the rubble. So far no one has been recovered from the rubble yet Sad

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:27 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

But still 99 missing.

All people rescued were early on top of the rubble. Nobody has been recovered from beneath. There are no screams leading them. The dogs have found nothing. We are davening davening. I remember after 9/11 someone was rescued 3 days later. Davening davening.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:27 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

But still 99 missing.

I think that was right away. And many were rescued from the part of the building that didn’t collapse but they couldn’t get out. Like stairwell or building hallway was gone. They also had to be rescued.
There are videos of them trying to get beneath the rubble it is very difficult

blessedflower

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
I feel so numb. Every week or two there's another suicide. A kid in my city was just found dead after missing since this morning.

I don't know how to deal with it. I can't. I'm so sad.
are you from beit shemesh? I also feel like tension is rising... how much tzaros can one person hear in one day. I woke up today hearing about the 3th casualty from karlin. At noon I heard about Florida and now I heard I 14yo passed away on a schooltrip Crying

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:29 pm
Hashem can you tell me what is going on

IsraeliSoul

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:31 pm
blessedflower wrote:
are you from beit shemesh? I also feel like tension is rising... how much tzaros can one person hear in one day. I woke up today hearing about the 3th casualty from karlin. At noon I heard about Florida and now I heard I 14yo passed away on a schooltrip Crying

Suicides in Beit shemesh?

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:34 pm
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO BRAD COHEN IS ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE TO DAVEN FOR? is he an older man, like around 80? I think it might be my relative

blessedflower

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:35 pm
IsraeliSoul wrote:
Suicides in Beit shemesh?
no. A 14yo went missing today on a school trip. He was found in the evening dead in a puddle of water. Happened in beit shemesh

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO BRAD COHEN IS ON THE LIST OF PEOPLE TO DAVEN FOR? is he an older man, like around 80? I think it might be my relative

There's a picture of him in the nypost. He looks young 40s 50s.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:

Scroll down on this link to view picture of him and his brother.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/.....0064/

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:05 pm
A relative of mine and his daughter are among the missing. He lost both his parents to Covid.

Crying

amother
Begonia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:06 pm
I read that it's still dangerous for them at this point to go through the rubble. Why?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
I read that it's still dangerous for them at this point to go through the rubble. Why?

It is probably still shifting and could crush survivors ch"v if they move it the wrong way.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:

They use sonar, search cameras, specially trained dogs. They need to be slow and methodical because of the risk of shifting rubble which could suck them in or trap people deeper c"v.
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed