Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
USB Device Not Recognized

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:18 am
I got a new computer a couple of months ago, and have had SO many issues with it! The recently most annoying is the mouse will go through phases of not working. It works fine sometimes and then starts disconnecting and saying "USB device not recognized". I can unplug and replug in, and sometimes it works a few minutes, but often not even that. It makes my work incredibly difficult. I tried uninstalling drivers and restarting, and it still doesn't feel like working.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas? Do you think a new mouse will work, or is it an issue with the computer that I would need someone special to deal with?

cbsp

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 6:57 am
Have you tried to plug the mouse into other USB ports on the computer?

Do other USB devices consistently work in that port?

Have you tried a different mouse?

Have you tried the mouse on a different device?

If you're a bit savvy you can try to uninstall and reinstall the mouse drivers. (ooops, reread your OP, saw you tried that)

I'd personally try a different mouse. It's the easiest and cheapest device to replace.

If that doesn't work, since it's a new computer, I'd see if anything would be covered under the warranty (if there is one)

Last edited by cbsp on Thu, Jun 24 2021, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 8:12 am
From my experience, usually when a wired device sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, the wire is the problem.
cbsp has given some good suggestions as to possible things to try. What you're trying to work out is, whether it's the mouse that's the problem or the usb port. If other things work fine in that usb port, and the mouse plays up in other ports or devices, chances are it's the mouse.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 10:02 am
All good ideas, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics