Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lake George for shabbos?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:53 am
I’d like to do a week in Lake George but really want to stay for Shabbos, is that realistic?
Are there any Shabbos accommodations there? I believe there’s something Chabad but I’d like to have first-hand experience with somebody who can help. Thanks!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 11:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’d like to do a week in Lake George but really want to stay for Shabbos, is that realistic?
Are there any Shabbos accommodations there? I believe there’s something Chabad but I’d like to have first-hand experience with somebody who can help. Thanks!

OT but first make sure there’s a weeks worth of activities there for your family. (There wouldn’t be for mine which is why I mention it)

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:00 pm
I went for a shabbos once. We stayed at a hotel with big grounds. I forgot what it was called. We went for a wal shabbos morning by the water and had a picnic lunch on the hotel grounds. We also brought a frisbee abs a few games and did that on the hotel grounds. It worked for us, though it took some working out the logistics. We enjoyed it,

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
I went for a shabbos once. We stayed at a hotel with big grounds. I forgot what it was called. We went for a wal shabbos morning by the water and had a picnic lunch on the hotel grounds. We also brought a frisbee abs a few games and did that on the hotel grounds. It worked for us, though it took some working out the logistics. We enjoyed it,

Did you have a minyan walkable?
Was there an eruv?

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:19 pm
No eruv or minyan, to my knowledge. Maybe there’s something I didn’t know about.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:24 pm
There’s a shul there, my family went on a Monday and the men left to shul to daven mincha/maariv. I assume if there’s a minyan during the week there’s probably over Shabbos but I’m not sure. And I don’t recall the address

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:28 pm
Chabad Lake George
814 Goggins Rd
(518) 526-0773

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 12:33 pm
I’d like to hear about a minyan.

Thanks for the Chabad number. Do you or anyone have experience with them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics