Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Is something wrong?

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 5:21 pm
Tomorrow is Shiva Asar b'Tammuz, and there hasn't been a single thread asking what to serve before the fast! What is going on here!? Nor even one anticipatory complaint about the difficulties of the Three Weeks! I had to go and check my calendar to make sure I hadn't got the dates mixed up.

Off to eat another slice of watermelon and despair at the perfidy of Imamother's who have suddenly got the world sorted out.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 5:45 pm
I have so many leftovers from Shabbat I don’t think I’m going to make anything special.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jun 26 2021, 6:19 pm
So do I. Probably so so most people. But that never stopped those kinds of threads in the past.

Maybe after doing it last year with Corona and lockdown, anything is easy by comparison.

etky

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:28 am
IDK, do people generally make/eat a big meal before a minor fast that starts in the early morning?
We never do, and this year the night before was motzei shabbat and shabbat was out really late.
We never eat very much on a motzei shabbat (especially in the summer...) so last night we just ate a bit more and a bit later than usual but nothing that qualifies as a real meal.
We did wake up to drink several times during the night.
I'm sure that there will be plenty of threads about Tisha B'av though cause the logistics are more complicated when it comes out on Motzash.
Re the three weeks - I think that people unfortunately have more perspective now.
It's been a rough and uncomfortable year and a half with Corona restrictions and emotionally - with the outcome of the virus itself, and recently there's also been Meron, and Surfside is still unfolding.
I think people are probably less apt to grumble right now...

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 1:39 am
I ain't fasting.

I have a 2-year-old and a nursing baby and my husband was surprised when I said I'm not fasting tomorrow. I told him we hold that pregnant and nursing women don't have to fast minor fasts. This was news to him even though I've been doing this for years!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 11:26 am
I only fast yom kippur. but for those who are fasting, I made sure that there was enough shabbos food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note